Moglite

MogLite

Look pretty super so far - a lot of works has gone into it (understament of the year!).

Design of the inner links is far from ideal, but with a sump and oil pump and filters in the way - what can you do?

ThinkAuto do low profile oil pump base PC1, £ £83.85 ex VAT.

"For the Rover, Buick, Oldsmobile, V8 where space can be very limited we can supply a replacement oil pump cover with outlets for a remote filter plus oil cooler if required."

typee.gif

I'd be interested to see pics of radiator position - being so close to the seats would worry me that insufficient space for airflow is available - plus would make the seats unbearably hot. Possible to angle it more or have it along the side or horizontal above the engine??

Tony - thanks - yeah I'm really pleased the way it looks, and how small it is :) Its currently lower than my Ibex.

Al - paintwork - well getting all the surface rust, and cleaning up the welds was a lot of work, and a bit of paint slapped on did my ego wonders !! I'm only brush painting bits that will be tricky to get to later. Once finished I'll spray the cage and the panels.

Jez - yeah I hope to be driving it in January. Oh for those that are confused by - the acronym WBBSC

Its We Build Big Stupid Cars, a little group of like minded individuals.

Mandy - thanks, but I've got my heart set on a nice Blingy set of Luke harnesses in grey/silver.

02GF74 - As Al said rad position has changed to this

IMG_3483%20(Small).jpg

Not that I've made any brackets etc for it yet. I've got a powerful 14" fan to go on the rad, and I've got another to extract vertically from the engine bay.

The rad is an all ali rad designed for a 7litre US ford, so I'm hoping not to have to use too much in the way of ducting.

02GF74 - As Al said rad position has changed to this

Not that I've made any brackets etc for it yet. I've got a powerful 14" fan to go on the rad, and I've got another to extract vertically from the engine bay.

The rad is an all ali rad designed for a 7litre US ford, so I'm hoping not to have to use too much in the way of ducting.

Wasn't sure if the rad was just positioned of ficed in place. Obviously you would protect it and have it a bit out of the way of winch and possibly flying cables/ropes etc. plus manic hands holding tool etc. flapping round that area.....

14 in. - hmmm, find the largest that will sit behind the rad - seems you need a push type - mondeo are 16 inch pull. (as your rad is quite squre, you are better of with 1 big fan than 2 small ones).

I can give you info. about getting a smaller diameter water pump pulleey - I run one one mine (when I say mine, it is a lwt not a moglite or!!) , the theory being it turns the waqer pump fasterer at lowish revs when you need the most cooling.