"In Vogue"

SHAVED_GORILLA

I freind of mine has just bought an In Vogue Range Rover. We know that they were a limited edition but can anyone tell me how many were made and if anyone keeps a record of how many are left.

If it isnt going to be worth money in the future the rebuild wont be as simpathetic as it could be. It would be a shame to chop it up and then find its likely to be worth a bit some day.

TIA

Andy

I freind of mine has just bought an In Vogue Range Rover. We know that they were a limited edition but can anyone tell me how many were made and if anyone keeps a record of how many are left.

If it isnt going to be worth money in the future the rebuild wont be as simpathetic as it could be. It would be a shame to chop it up and then find its likely to be worth a bit some day.

TIA

Andy

Money aside I think it would be a bigger shame to chop it up. Not many left I believe so would be a great pity to make it one less.

Hi,

I've got one and wanted to know similar so I bought the book 'Range Rover - the first generation' which is quite an anorak book :ph34r:

I'll be able to let you know in a couple of days as I've not long moved to New Zealand and the book is in my shipment which arrives then.

I do know that there were two runs, 1st being a 2 door version and the second being a 4 door version. Small numbers were made of each. Will be able to look up my anorak book :ph34r: in a few days and tell you more.

Cheers,

Hugo.

IIRC it was something like 325 for the first run in 1981, and 500 odd for the second run (4door, 3 speed auto) in 1982. Can't remember if they carried it on in years as a limited.

I used to own a 1982 In Vogue, in IIRC it was called Bahamas Gold, had 3 or 4 black coach lines, air con, central lockingl leccy windows, 3 speed auto and the then new LT230transfer case, engine was a high comp version of the 3.5l V8 on strombergs. Other refinements for the In Vogue included a Phillips radio cassette and a wicker picnic basket in the boot. The basket is the holy grail of In Vogue collectable bits. Most have long since dissappeared.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought all the In Vogues were Chamagne Blue? :huh:

I have an 83 year model Bahama gold with c/locking, air con, LT77, 4 doors, glass sun roof, teddy bear seats. The log book just says Range Rover. Is it an In Vogue , just a Vogue or just a Rangie?

In Vogue two door (1981) - 1000 built, light blue metallic.

Auto In Vogue Special Edition (1982) - total built not known, Nevada Gold or Sierra Silver

1983 total built 325 (uk) Derwent Blue.

Above from the (above mentioned) First Generation book mentioned above.

Hope this helps...

Rog

In Vogue two door (1981) - 1000 built, light blue metallic.

Auto In Vogue Special Edition (1982) - total built not known, Nevada Gold or Sierra Silver

1983 total built 325 (uk) Derwent Blue.

Above from the (above mentioned) First Generation book mentioned above.

Hope this helps...

Rog

Thanks Rog it was all the toys that made me think it might be an in vogue but its not. :D

In FOUR DAYS??? Bl@@dy Hell man that's shifting! :o

Got any pics? :)

Rog

:D Im not that fast :P its been bobbed for about 5 years i was just wondering if the previous owner had bobtailed a rare Rangie

I will put some pics into the gallery but if you want look on the club web site via this link go to bobtail84 and enjoy

http://www.4x4ergallery.co.uk/gallery2/main.php

Jeff