Getting a new Horn - Your thoughts

My horn is a pair of proper air horns, the type which they fit on train carriages.

I run them from a pair of RR air suspension compressors which fill an old ali fire extinguisher.

The air is released through the horns via the gas valve from an LPG conversion which I picked up at Sodbury sortout, I have connected the solenoid to the original horn wiring. As Nigel has pointed out it is very effective, especially in the summer when people daudle round Sainsburys car park with their window down. :blink:

I have a plan to change the actual horn for one which I picked up on ebay, it is the fog horn from a mersey barge and is not only loud but nice and deep too. B)

On the siren issue, I always believed that one could not have a horn which was multi tone, ie. changes between notes. However a multi tone horn which sounds all the notes at the same time is acceptable. When I was a kid we went on holiday to Italy and I have the abiding memory of the bus horns which are two tone oscillating and sound like a demented Jimmy Saville! (Without the cigar)

RogueVouge --- On the siren issue, I always believed that one could not have a horn which was multi tone, ie. changes between notes. However a multi tone horn which sounds all the notes at the same time is acceptable.

Yes, your quite correct, but if it's not used on the public highway, it's OK to have one fitted. I've another noise machine to fit too.