Disco 200 Tdi into 90-Exhaust Manifold

Probably been answered before so i'll apologise in advance!? I'm planning to fit my disco 200 Tdi into my 2.5 TD 90. Looking at many conversion stories I have noticed the exhaust down pipe is a tight fit!! Many people recommend using the 'steve parker' down pipe, but this seems quite expensive, could I change the cast manifold to a Defender 200 Tdi item?? Then use a Defender 200 Tdi full exhaust sytem inc down pipe??

I have found new Defender cast manifolds at approx half the price of the steve parker down pipe. Another advantage would be having a standard exhaust system.

Any advice would be very useful

Thanks Mike

Yes the defender manifolds will fit your 200Tdi & will allow you to use the 200tdi defender down pipe, you'll have to change to the defender turbo as well,(otherwise the existing Discovery turbo & the downpipe will want to occupy the same space) connect this to the existing exhaust system, the correct 200 tdi exhaust system has completly different mountings to your 90's existing mounts.

my 110 was a TD now has a 200Tdi & the exhaust setup as described above.

ooh aar another shire boy :)

On the last couple of disco 200 into defs I have removed the cast downpipe from the turbo, made a flange to fit the studs(replace with stainless cap screws) and then welded on a 90 degree pipe bend ( from Wakins & Powis, Gloucester) which cleared the bulkhead no problems.

If you want to look at the one on my racer let me know.

Tony

Guest WALFY
Yes the defender manifolds will fit your 200Tdi & will allow you to use the 200tdi defender down pipe, you'll have to change to the defender turbo as well,(otherwise the existing Discovery turbo & the downpipe will want to occupy the same space) connect this to the existing exhaust system, the correct 200 tdi exhaust system has completly different mountings to your 90's existing mounts.

my 110 was a TD now has a 200Tdi & the exhaust setup as described above.

As an extra point if you use the Def manifolds the turbo needs to be changed and the air pipe from the inlet manifold comes forward through the space currently filled by the alt.

• 5 years later...