Recommended Suspension Upgrade

katluke

I have just bought an Mreg 300 tdi Discovery and being a newbie would like to know what suspension kit you would recommend.I have been reading a lot of info from various sites and it seems most people recommend keeping the normal height,however there is that many kits to choose from Im not sure which is the one to buy.Thanks for any replies.

I'd stick with standard, use it like that for a while and then decide if you think you need a lift based on your early experiences of whatever you are using it for. Lifting suspension usually means its less stable on the road and believe me that is a big issue unless you are only using it as a plaything.

You have to know why you want a suspension kit - what do you want the vehicle to do that it doesn't do currently? Do you want more lift, flex, heavier duty, bling to pull the laydeez? :unsure:

The suspension on it now is a bit tired,rolling about on the corners etc.Thanks for the reply I will be fitting standard height kit back on it.

1st thing after getting some sensible tyres I did to mine was to fit a lift as I kept grounding out on lots of things, never had a problem since and not found the car to be any worse on the road even without the rear arb on. 1st thing I would get checked is the cambelt to make sure its had the kit fitted to stop it eating cambelts, if not get that sorted 1st.

1st thing I would get checked is the cambelt to make sure its had the kit fitted to stop it eating cambelts, if not get that sorted 1st.

on an M reg disco, if it didnt have the mod done it would have probably eaten a few belts by now and been consigned to the big scrappy in the sky!

it is afterall 14 years old!

but worth changing the belt anyway, mod or no mod...

on an M reg disco, if it didnt have the mod done it would have probably eaten a few belts by now and been consigned to the big scrappy in the sky!

it is afterall 14 years old!

but worth changing the belt anyway, mod or no mod...

14 years old is still newer than most land rovers and there is still a few 300tdi's without the correct timing kit on even now.

This is normally caused by the stealers using old stock of pinions and pulleys. BTDT. They even had the nerve to SELL the old stuff to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. He took it all back, so doubtless they have by now sold it to some other mug (mug = person who buys stuff from stealers when they don't have to).

I have got the new Bearmach shocks and I'm very happy with them as my standard springs could not deal with the bumper I had fitted.

the set up I went for was to deal with the winch and ARB bumper but I have not yet fitted the winch so its a little hard.