2007 microcat

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

Has anyone managed to crack a copy of 2007 microcat yet?

or has anyone got a normal version that they'd copy for me? puuurrdy please..... :lol:

Guest diesel_jim

Cheers Mo.

I;'ve got september 2006, i was just wondering if there is anything newer out there.

i think that the later stuff is done on line, as opposed to software on a stand alone PC. great for African mechanics out in the middle of nowhere with no internet access (but with a laptop, obviously! :rolleyes: )

The latest versions of Microcat has the 2007 Defender parts listed on it but its even more protected than it used to be and now requires the doodah in the printer port plus it expires after only a month.

The only tech info is on GTR, www.landrovertechinfo.com its a subscription service, or freely available depending on where you work ;)

The latest versions of Microcat has the 2007 Defender parts listed on it but its even more protected than it used to be and now requires the doodah in the printer port plus it expires after only a month.

The only tech info is on GTR, www.landrovertechinfo.com its a subscription service, or freely available depending on where you work ;)

I've got a copy (original) of Microcat (05/07) with 2007 defender in it and it works perfectly.

All I did was install it over the previous cracked version and it works.

If I get the warning that it's out of date I wind back the date on my macjhine a month or two and it still works.

Scrumps

Excuse the daft question - but is Microcat the software that gives exploded parts lists and diagrams? Does it include wiring diags and info such as connectors for towing electrics?

If so I could do with knowing how to get a latish copy as I expect even the late TD5 version has some similaritys with the 07 model.

Cheers,

John.

Guest diesel_jim
Excuse the daft question - but is Microcat the software that gives exploded parts lists and diagrams? Does it include wiring diags and info such as connectors for towing electrics?

If so I could do with knowing how to get a latish copy as I expect even the late TD5 version has some similaritys with the 07 model.

Cheers,

John.

microcat is just parts, you need RAVE for the wiring diagrams. and apparently there are errors in the early ones too.

• 1 month later...

Could anyone tell me if I can get a copy of the latest microcat that includes the 2007 defender, I already have microcat but an out of date version.

Thanks

Alternativly is there any other manuals around that cover the 07 Defender.

I've got a copy (original) of Microcat (05/07) with 2007 defender in it and it works perfectly.

All I did was install it over the previous cracked version and it works.

If I get the warning that it's out of date I wind back the date on my macjhine a month or two and it still works.

Scrumps

I have 06/2007 in my computer with Vista and I do exactly as above without any problems.

I was looking at 08/2007 this morning and Microcat now has so much information, that it's on 2 cd's. We installed it over an older cracked version and it worked. ;)

Todd.

Guest diesel_jim

I've got to pop down to my mates place later, he's got an 08/2007 version waiting for me. i've got 07/2007 working fine (cracked) on my PC at the moment.

although i've noticed since the end of august when i start it up i get a message saying to "update to the latest version".... :rolleyes:

Jim,

do you know if 08 is when they went to 2 cd's??

I have 06, which is one cd, you have 07, is that one cd? I'm assuming that 08 is the first.....

And it would be interesting to learn more about this comment, that if your online, that the software calls home.....

Todd.

• 11 months later...

Microcat 2008 is havy. Its more that 1.6 G which means that it won't fit into one standard cd. On DVD yes but not on one cd.

It has Defender 2007 and also Frelander 2 in it.

I cant see any drastic changes in security of it.

The only problem with copy I have is that it does not work with xp. With Vista 32 bit yes an I dont have any problems with it.

It might be that my computer with xp is in fault but I ma not sure.