Rear lights from Paddocks

Has anyone had any problems with the Rear stop/tail lights from Paddocks made by Wipac??

They are the ones in the series section RTC5523 is the product code.

I bought a pair recently and the plastic is so soft the bulbs kept popping put

I rang Paddocks and they said they would get onto Wipac..... Still nothing back.

I ordered a new set and had the same thing again.....

i know the bulbs go in a certain way.

I have had the same problem with Wipac, the bulb holder material is to soft + the internal dia is oversize.

The bulb dose not sit in the holder square and allows one of the bayonet pins to jump out, the remaining one then cuts up the side of the holder.

I had 2 replacements from Padocks.........got fed-up and brought LEP ones from Bear Mach.

Also have you noticed that the drain holes are at the 3/9 o'clock position! :huh:

Rod

Got a full set of NAS Wipac from Paddock, all OK, but the rear reds need a bit of hole filing to get them to fit flush to the lines of the body (they are large diameter and stick out too much unless the centre of the hole is relocated).

Fronts need to have the ring that accepts the NAS light chamferred to accept the front light surround, but once in, they are good fit.

Seem to be well made.

No.......Not as such, email your enquiry or phone them.

I think they have PDF parts lists that you can find their part references in.

Generally fairly quick in getting back with price & availability.

Swindon - 01793 513744 - swindon@bearmach.com

Maidstone - 01622 717525 - seshop@bearmach.com

Rod

I've had to replace the rear lights a couple of times (women drivers backing MPVs into the Defender - guess who came off worst?). I just go down to my local agricultural merchant and buy trailer lights for £1.99 each, complete (both tail lights and indicators). They fit my 90H 110 exactly and are very well made - don't know who makes them but they're good value.

Yes, I've got Wipac lights from paddocks on the 109 and they're cack - half of the threaded bits for the lens screws split apart and that was from the packet, undoing the lens to put the bulb in! <_<

It's another example of paddocks selling stuff that's too cheap - charge me 50p extra per light and make them properly FFS :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Well this has bitten me too. Replaced OSF indicator and side light with the paddocks units. Indicator seems ok but the sidelight only works until I hit a bump and then its cover off to refit the bulb. Swapping bulbs and attempting to put a collar on the bulb to steady it haven't helped :(

So, off to Bearmach or does anyone know if Brookies stock a better made unit?