Pro comp tyres

pugwash

Looking for some 35"ish tyres on a 16" rim in an MT pattern

one of the few 16" tyres i can find is a pro comp MT- any feedback on this tyre? any idea how long they might last when used on the road- and what are their road manners like?

how good are they off road?

I thought that was cruel as well Jase,,

Jim need a bit more grip, on the yota, for the trip down the quarry on James events, just in case he gets stuck,

Think 35" may be a tad over the top mind, in standard form !!

in case? ?

i think it's a definite on the mostly warn ATs i have at the moment

don't think 35s are too big though- standard tyres are 265.75R16 which is 32" so going to 35" isn't a huge size increase but they do offer a welcome improvement on the relatively poor angles, particularily approach as well as some improvement on the grip side of things- the extra couple of inches width on the tyres might just help to spread the lardy 3 tonnes the vehicle weighs!

John thanks for the feedback- just the sort of info i need.

now all i need to do is bolt a Nato hitch onto the pre made fitment- no buggering around with drilling holes for me!

At Billing I saw an 80 series on the same 255/100 (37") XCL's that Fridge has on his 109, it looked utterly standard like a 110 on 235/85's so I dont think 35's would look too big

Jim, have you considered BFG muds? They seem to last forever and are nice on the road

We have a set of 35x12.5x15" pro comps on the 90.

They drive ok, quiet, but you do get the steering wheel shakes, but that may be down to using large offset wheels.

Very good offroad, they do grip well for muds, and on road, they seem to be lasting the distance.

On a less offset rim, they did restrict the steering lock somewhat, the bigger offset rims cured that, but then we got the shakes a little!

If you're on about these: pro%20comp%20mt%20best.JPG

[manuel on] I know nothing [/manuel off] :D

However, these: xterrain%20best.JPG

are a waste of time. Road manners are ok but they clog up quicker than road tyres with 4mm of tread! :angry:

The tread blocks are so big, they never get chance to dig down through the mud, just skitter along it! <_<