Treadplate for wings, rear corners etc?

Hi All..

Who does good quality chequer plate kits? I want to get some black 3mm treadplate for the wings, rear corners and maybe bonnet for my ex-mod 90 (I think black will look better with the nato green?)

Ive looked at Paddocks and rebel4x4 but dont know what the quality is like? or if there is anywhere better/cheaper?

Anyone got any recomendations / pictures of the various suppliers items fitted to real life trucks (ie rather than the pristine ones they use in the pics on their sites as Id like to know what they wear like ie how easy the black finish comes off?

Cheers

Ben

Some of the non genuine stuff is a bit grotty, not sure about the newer anodised stuff from Rebel etc, as I haven't seen it. The best wing top protector set by far, is the genuine parts stuff, but you pay through the nose for it. It comes with nice countersunk stainless bolts to fit it instead of pop rivets, for a start. But AFAIK it is not available in black, only anodised silver.

The black is a coating I think so if you intend to use them for protection rather than show then I guess it will come off sooner or later!

On the 07, used genuine black one, but will not cover all the bits you want !

Previously use the paddocks deluxe range, which was OK, Here

Hi,

Mike D and I bought some really good 3mm stuff from a guy at Old Sod. Countersunk holes and gaskets and fixings were all pretty good and sensibly priced as well. Finish was a choice of either anodised silver or black. Guy had only just taken over the business and supplies the stuff to the "orange" people.

Will post contact details for him once I get back home.

Regards

Scrumps

Great cheers guys, the paddock stuff seems ok with counter sunk and fixings etc and also the guy from old sod sounds good too, with give him a look first I think :-)

Wondering if a lot of these suppliers are all selling the same stuff anyway?

Cheers

If only I could afford an 07 lol

Paddocks is sounding quite good though,just not ure whether to go for the full bonnet or the half (Paddocks only do the centre/half section) the raised sectons on my bonnet both have dents so may be nice to cover them just not sure how well the full protectors will interact with the militay style bonnet spring catches..

Cheers

If only I could afford an 07 lol

Paddocks is sounding quite good though,just not ure whether to go for the full bonnet or the half (Paddocks only do the centre/half section) the raised sectons on my bonnet both have dents so may be nice to cover them just not sure how well the full protectors will interact with the militay style bonnet spring catches..

Cheers

Try www.all4wheelsgear.com in Ely Cambs.

Kevin the owner was at Old Sod.

He does black 3mm.

I have some of his on my 110 and it has been excellent.

John

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

John Craddock Limited (based in Cannock but has good website) does 2mm and 3mm, sells most peices (apart from front floor plates) and ive found the quality of the 2mm good (and some of the cheapest around). fitted wing tops and bonnet last weekend. came pre drilled so was a doddle with an electric drill and £12 rivet gun from halfords. did it in about an hour.