4x4Adventures Winch Challenge

JST

Well Strange that , I got one and just put it in the truck an hour ago , I was hopeing someone could set my CB up For me coz I aint got a scooby.

While whoever knows how set the SWR is at it could they do mine ................................ pretty please!!!!!!!!

Lyndsay sorry i forgot to mention it before but could you ask Simon to make sure he wears that outfit Jase sent for the whole day and that we are all looking to seeing the machine on Sat i hope your doing something special to the truck to make the effort worthwhile!!!!!

:o :o , Just checked the Met office web site for tonight and it says its gona be -4 in the south west and were camping. I dont mind too much but my Doris has decided she's coming and she hates the cold :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Yep Steve, going to be a chilly one, nice, bright and clear here at present , may even dry the site out a bit :rolleyes:

Fantastic event James... a real credit to you... well organised and laid out!

Also nice to meet a few more of the forum members- anyone got any piccys?

I agree James, it's a shame my winch broke as i think i was leading at the time some people may not agree but their just being childish :lol:

but again thanks and see you next year

Would like to share the same sentiments,, Thanks James, and all the marshals,, was nice to do an event again

Both Bish and myself had fun,, even with 2 tyres of rims, (thanks for the help Shrek, on the first one, & GBMud with the 2nd,, much appreciated :) ) which lost a few hours !!,, broken rear half-shaft by 2 or 3 punch, broke ground anchor, and feeling like a bust front shaft as well !!

But she drove their and back again, even though i had to used the centre diff lock and rear locker to get any drive :(:unsure: hey-ho, a few jobs for the next week or so

James , You have excelled yourself , That was one of the best events yet , Its good to see so many there enjoying the day and getting on with it , Some nice technical long sections , Realy well laid out punches .

we all had our fair share of problems , and we were no exception , Snapped ropes 4 times , a puncture and clutch slipping from the first section ,

We had an early bath , Chest high sub zero water , And that was in the drivers seat . I thought the co drivers were the ones who got wet .

Thanks to all the marshalls who did a sterling job , A cracking event and still the comeraderie was mighty.

I love these events , Roll on next season .

Tony

Spoke to Weeble earlier. Paul blew his rear diff I think and Dave had a bit of clutch trouble. But after it's second outing he's fairly pleased with it.

Work got in the way so I had to bow out of bitching and Aid stepped up to the plate at last minute. Not bad as he had to travel from Kent at short notice to cover for me.

Yep excellent event and worth all the rushing around to get the MOT sorted 2 days before! Think the swivel pins are truly knackered now. Decided to take the cautious careful option of sticking at 50 on the motorway all the way home rather than cut cross country and risk having to steer and brake! Therefore 3hr45 to get home so a little knackered by the time we got back to Banbury. Thanks for the beep on the motorway by the you lot in the transit van to keep me awake as Sticky was asleep before we got past the Taunton services (1 mile from the Wellington junction!).

Damage was minimal with couple of little dents, smashed rear indicator lens and 1 fairlead fallen apart for the winch wire. Also the new wire already has a few cut strands so not ideal.

Time now to try and find a way to fit the landy in the garage and give it a bit of tlc as distinct lack of it recently.

Cheers again the Trem and all the Marshall's for a great event. Wouldn't happen without all of you. Hope you enjoyed your drive around day today.

See you around.

Finally back home and allowed on the 'puter. Many many thanks to James and the marshals for what must surely be one of the toughest one day challenges for man and machine we've done in a long while. The amount of heavy clinging boggy mud on some of those punches has to be experienced to be believed. Was a real pleasure to meet Simon and Lyndsay having admired their on-screen exploits for so long. What I am bginning to wonder is whether James has a cardboard template of our truck and he is using it to set the cord on the punches just beyond the bounds of reality. He certainly seems to know how wide those boggers are down to the exact millimetre and set punch 1 about half a cm narrower :angry2: Got the front of the truck through but there is no way the back was following. We even started removing the wheel in an attempt to get the punch until common sense prevailed. Still cost us 3/4 hour with nothing to show. Next year we are going to be using a suzuki! :D :D :P

So once again thansk to JST and his loyal band of helpers and to all the other competitors who we have had the pleasure of meeting, competing against, and sharing some great memories over the past year. Long may this continue.

James. On behalf on the Welsh boys a great big thumbs up for a job well done. See you all next year I hope.

Mark

PS That Simon bloke bears an uncanny resemblance to someone I have met. Any idea how they got on in the event. I think they left before the end?