Baskerville Challenge

ciderman

Never truer words said!

I know that during the setting up I walked over 20 miles, through virtually impassable bog, rocks, "stumps" & thick forest.

I did it a pace that suited me and not in front of a madman like Jim Marsden!!!!!

How would you feel being pursued by one of the "Chuckle Brothers" bent on winning at all costs!!

True hearoes one and all!!

Andy-T.

Never truer words said!

I know that during the setting up I walked over 20 miles, through virtually impassable bog, rocks, "stumps" & thick forest.

I did it a pace that suited me and not in front of a madman like Jim Marsden!!!!!

Andy-T.

Yeah! but i still had to winch him down stuff that i would have driven :lol::lol:

Plus he's only that fast because i'm telling him to get on with it! :P

Very, very tough event, and bl**dy brilliant to be part of it. Tay on steriod's is how i'd describe it. :o:lol:

Adrian i love you mate :lol: Great bit of co driving very impressed

Stefan and Dan were great team mates and Stefan drove rings round me on Sunday, brilliant effort.

Xav (Expat) the reason we won is cos your country men kept breaking down and blocking the others :lol: (Not true, but a great excuse)

As Adrain says a very tough event, Being invite only meant that everyone was trust worthy and that the organisers could set tapes and not fear people cheating or taking shortcuts when marshals were out of sight.

In fact over the entire weekend i did not see any evidence of abuse of the rules or tape breakign in attempt of advantage.

It was great :D

As for how tough? Chris Jones with his portalled monster running 39' Boggers etc etc managed in one section managed to stall a type 'R' on a double line pull :o So pretty tough :lol:

Plus a poor chap in a jeep had a shock when his jeep appeared from on particular Bog less it's front axle :o

That ain't no lie :huh:

BathTub (Pete) and Chris Jones were amazing to watch and there cars stunning, but we managed to break less kit than they and kept things ticking along.

No fun following in there ruts on pram wheels :lol:

A big thanks to the Organisers inparticular Mr Tomlinson and Mr T Baskil for this stunning (Hard, bloody hard) weekend of driving.

Until the next one.............

Jim :)

Ps: Did i forget to mention that four Twinmotor winches finished in the top three :D:lol:

Xav (Expat) the reason we won is cos your country men kept breaking down and blocking the others :lol:

got some news from the French team:

Gilles (the yellow one): broke front winch in 1st section, no reverse gear in half of the event, broken steering link in a middle of a bog, multiple rear winch rope breakage.

Stephane (Tomcat): 2 bent steering link, rear winch mounting in agony, V8 running on variable number of cylinders

Very good event best fun in years :D

The highlight of the weekend was hearing

I Quote

"i want to make an official complaint marshal for unsportmansly conduct"

Can anyone guess who made that :rolleyes:

Clue is they were stickered just before that comment B)

Has anyone got any pictures of this event - -especially of Adrian running about... I have never seen that happen before. and actually doing some hard graft running about - - he'll be sleeping that off till next year.

Well done guys - - its always nice to win. (If only-- Adrian must be better at running than driving :) )

I think most/all teams got stickered :angry::lol::lol:;) Did anyone get away????????

I think most/all teams got stickered :angry::lol::lol:;) Did anyone get away????????

Yes we (Team MCS) got away. We were obviously fast enough to not get stickered but only fast enough to get 3rd place.

Awesome event, must say thanks to Tony, Andy and all the marshalls.

Sections 8 and 6 were amazing.

Didn't like the 7 hour drive back to Derby Sunday night and the following 3hr drive to Bristol Monday morning.

Yes we (Team MCS) got away. We were obviously fast enough to not get stickered but only fast enough to get 3rd place.

Awesome event, must say thanks to Tony, Andy and all the marshalls.

Sections 8 and 6 were amazing.

Didn't like the 7 hour drive back to Derby Sunday night and the following 3hr drive to Bristol Monday morning.

Only just :D You were next on the hit list until we lost the tyre :angry:

We only had 2 easy sections to go & 4 hrs to do them until the tyre died & then we were going Team MCS hunting :lol:

Bucky had already ran away :rolleyes:

Only just :D You were next on the hit list until we lost the tyre :angry:

We only had 2 easy sections to go & 4 hrs to do them until the tyre died & then we were going Team MCS hunting :lol:

Bucky had already ran away :rolleyes:

Always excuses :rolleyes:

Your wifes the same, Took her for dinner when you were still stuck in the woods Saturday night, got all the promises no action....... :lol:

Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol:

But your sister........................ :P

Love you mate

Jim B)

Always excuses :rolleyes:

Your wifes the same, Took her for dinner when you were still stuck in the woods Saturday night, got all the promises no action....... :lol:

Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol:

But your sister........................ :P

Love you mate

Jim B)

She said she thought she was on a promise then took a look at the limp excuse of a bulge in your tatty ripped jeans & thought she would stick with Irok not little Simex :P

As for stuck i do belive we were out resueing teams on Simex {ok that had followed our rutts} .

Still think the best comment of the weekend was "That's not a scar - This is a scar !"

Ps Keep my sister please at least your white :rolleyes: