Scam or no Scam

siearl

Robert if you are on this website sorry but i am very wary

Just want peoples twist on this as i am not to sure. Some of you may beaware that my 110 is up for sale on various websites. I have recieved this email and i am not to sure. I have removed telephone and email address.

Sent: 05 December 2007 01:11

To: simonmarkearl@ntlworld.com

Subject: RE: '110 V8 with LPG ' at PistonHeads.com

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/309346.htm

HI,

No, not a fun or strange overseas bidder!

I am coming to the UK next Thursday!

If you call me we can meet and make a deal on you beautiful prepped Defender!

Regards,

Robert Kampert

Eindhoven

Netherlands

PS can you send me an email to confirm, I have little time to visit the UK and want to make a party of it!

Money is not the issue, we will drink a pint on the occasion!

Yours,

Robert

My Phone No:

Doesn't sound massively dodgy, give him a ring. A mate sold his RR to a dutch guy on eBay, he was convinced it was a scam but the chap turned up, paid cash and then went on a UK tour collecting a ton of other parts he'd won before driving it home. Seems things cost more in Holland.

Doesn't sound massively dodgy, give him a ring. A mate sold his RR to a dutch guy on eBay, he was convinced it was a scam but the chap turned up, paid cash and then went on a UK tour collecting a ton of other parts he'd won before driving it home. Seems things cost more in Holland.

I think he was the man who bought my old 110 for loads off ebay! turned up on time in a disco II with a trailer and paid cash,spoke better english than me and was very cheery.

Don't dismiss this as they have the 25 year classic rule over there but unlike ours it's rolling so early 110 will soon be tax exempt!

think the guy from belgium that bought my rear salisbury was called robert

at the time he was delivering sommit for work and collected all his bits on the

way thru

only thing was i had to help him lift the axle on to the back of his truck at 4.am

he had fully paid for it about 7 weeks b4 he collected it

Hi Si,

Nice truck you will miss it I am sure, there was a thread on here before of a guy (I am sure he was member) who buys LR's here and takes them back to the Netherlands somewhere.

I think he had a query over a defender for sale on ebay, the thread direction was about chassis numbers being correct and the seller being cagey over this. He was basically seeking our advice on vehicle identities as they had to be absolutely correct for him to export.

Obviously I would be wary because its not exactly a £200 punt but as long as he has a few forms of ID with him and he pays you cash which can be banked/checked before he takes ownership you should be fine.

Also remember that you are responsible for notifieng DVLA of the new owner and hence will help protect you from the car continuing to be used under your identity in the future (don't ask me how I know).

You should be okay if you take all necassary precautions.

I am sure the ownership of a diesel will make you wish you had done it years before :P

Cheers

G