Maxi Drive has closed its doors for good

reads90

Take from AULRO

"Maxi drive engineering has issued letters out to its suppliers stating that its now official. They are closing and manufacturing of everything will stop.

But Barry will go out on his own and still make the Axles and Flanges.

Thats it....

No more Maxi lockers, No more Maxi Rock crawler gears, No more maxi steering drag links and the other carp they make...

Any stock they have will still be sold off, but after that its over...""

mmmmm have to pop down on Monday and speak to Mal to find out the score and get my self a set of shafts then

There are rumours that the French will be making the diffs and stuff

Shame to hear, I have run their difflocks, and shafts etc both ends in my 110 since 87 never a problem ,obviously too well made , everybody wants big turnover and even bigger profits.

Wish them all the best in their retirement. :)

As they say out there ''One powerball''

End of an era. they made some quality stuff and Mal and Julie were extremely pleasant to deal with. I wish them every happiness in their well earned retirement. Now I would hope that whoever takes up the manufacture of their difflocks designs an internal pneumatic actuating cylinder, concentric with the halfshaft that will substantially reduce the installation time and costs. This is one area where they compare unfavorably with ARB and McNamara style difflocks.

Bill

Not for me

mine came from outback import :)

still I've no concerns the shafts are unmarked after 4yrs

:lol::lol:

good piont but if you brake one how will he replace it if there is no more Maxi drive....

I still wish I got some while over in Aus, having said that my KAM one still havent given out and there best part of three.

good piont but if you brake one how will he replace it if there is no more Maxi drive....

I still wish I got some while over in Aus, having said that my KAM one still havent given out and there best part of three.

Don't worry Jules , one of the workers is still going to make the shafts and end caps. Don't know if you will be able to get them over there but will be able to here

I still wish I got some while over in Aus, having said that my KAM one still haven't given out and there best part of three.

You must have the ones that they accidentally made out of good material then as I must have broken 20 of those crappy things before throwing the lot out the door!

KAM PWaaaaaaaaaa!!! Should make chocolates in stead.

Not one shaft lasted me more than 10 minutes when off road and I am seriously not joking :(

Lara.