beadlock wheels

tombraider110

Got any website or location details ?

When it comes to decent DOUBLE Beadlock Rims there seems to be a real issue with anyone doing them ?

Nige :)

Any problems with Stazworks??? Not cheap and not next day delivery but super tough, very good looking and mine will be here in Feburary and won't end up that much more expensive than the single beadlockers available in the UK.

So was i as i need to think about some beadlock, I have looked at loads and thought these look the best that i might be able to get with some ease.

I thought they came out of europe but looks like they are from the US so could be costly job if i go that way. I'm still waiting to find out what they will cost me when i find out more i'll post it.

So was i as i need to think about some beadlock, I have looked at loads and thought these look the best that i might be able to get with some ease.

I thought they came out of europe but looks like they are from the US so could be costly job if i go that way. I'm still waiting to find out what they will cost me when i find out more i'll post it.

Shipping from the US isn't too bad and with the pound the way it is makes the products quite cheap. I shipped a load of motors from the US in the summer and it wasn't that painful once I'd got the money out of everyone. Once the order was made the only thing I had to do was deal with an import agentwhen the goods arrived - that's no real hassle as there isn't much paperwork.

What's wrong with the one's from Straight Forward Supplies?

I've just ordered a set of 16x10 & they are being made to order & are due to be with me before the 20th of Jan. Seems very fair to me & at a reasonable price.

post-4763-1199369853_thumb.jpg

post-4763-1199369885_thumb.jpg

Tim is very very helpful & a genuinely nice chap but it's best to contact him via email rather than phone.

I bought a set of these from redpath tyres a while back,I know there not double beadies but Im well pleased,Ran my tyres at 7 psi for two days on the recent "Santas challenge"there were some pretty savage rock sections and we never lost a bead, bit interesting bettween sites though :ohttp://www.redpath-tyres.co.uk/4x4_set.htm

Will try and post some picks of them on the truck when cameras charged.

There has been a 'mixed view' on SFS 'quality'.

It may be unjustified, but it was more than enough to stop me proceeding with buying my wheels from them.

What would be useful is a report from you on the quality, "roundness" ie lack of run out etc on delivery :) ?

a search on this forum would prob bring up that info

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest it seems a few people have imported wheels from Stazworks, surely by the time you've added your options of rock rings etc, paid shipping & import duty they work out mega expensive?!?!?!??!

Can anybody comment on pricing as I work out a bog standard 16" rim to be about £140 without shipping or any import tax

Did we get any more news on prices for the rims that started this thread?

Just out of interest it seems a few people have imported wheels from Stazworks, surely by the time you've added your options of rock rings etc, paid shipping & import duty they work out mega expensive?!?!?!??!

Can anybody comment on pricing as I work out a bog standard 16" rim to be about £140 without shipping or any import tax

Did we get any more news on prices for the rims that started this thread?

16" x 8" rims made to order with all the bells and wistles ~ £170 each + shipping and VAT. Yes they're expensive BUT you get what you pay for.....

Edited to add I saved $10 a corner by having them uncoated as I'm having all the wheels, the cage, bumper, chequer plate etc coated in a special colour B)

dealing with John Staszak gets a lot easier when you have his mobile number :lol: , he can be an ellusive soul but his wheels are worth the hassle. Ive bought a lot of wheels from him for myself and for others, never any probs importing from him but lead times can take a bit of "management" though :lol:

Im not gonna save a few quid and buy wheels that wont hold up to the abuse, Stazzies are worth it IMO.

These are what Michele has aren't they?

Chris

Yup,they look the same just with round holes instead of spokes.

The company I worked for when we developed these rims teamed up with a new company named Herero;these guys made a very good job in stealin...erm,copying...erm,you get the vision,Equipe's stuff.

There are recent pics of one of their Defenders with these rims fitted,where did you find these btw?

I did post details and how to get in touch for those interested here time ago.

Make sure you can see them "in the metal" before,anche check the thickness of the internal cage.

I see by your pics they use flat bars to keep the 2 inner flanges together now,well,when I went out for a test

at time I soon bent one (different shape/bit) rubbing the 1st tire against a rock,another against a root,

and I scored 2 flats in less than 50 meters on a relatively easy trail :angry2:

What happened was that the bent bar didn't hold the tire tight on the bead anymore,

so immediate and total deflating followed,and bye...

I haven't seen them for a while anyway,so I can't say if they've been improved or what.

Just my thoughts.

P.S.

I wonder why they didn't offer Equipe beadlock rims instead?

(single side though)

I switched to Stauns as they seemed a much better alternative,stealth look (nobody can't see them and I kept the low-profile 8 spokes),lighter...

Can't say how they perform yet as they're waiting for new tyres in a barn since last year or more but a friend of mine is very happy,just get better inner tubes as the ones supplied seem very cheap and get torn apart easily...

:(

Other than this thumbs up.