anyones clutch do this before

Yes, it is not uncommon. I have seen centres that are far more disassembled than that :lol:

yes but i was still driving mine till i took the rad out

i've never had the center fall apart broke the riviets on more than one, tractors as well :mellow:

Saw three off a Triumph Spitfire in the mid 70's when I was working in a motor factors on which the driven plate was in pieces - as in ripped apart.

These were brand new clutches & no-one could understand what the problem was.

Until the young lady driver was seen driving the car by one of the mechanics at the fitting garage. Every start was done by dropping the clutch & spinning the wheels.

She said it didn't happen with the old clutch - which had obviously worn enough to allow a bit of slip. After being told that no further clutches would be fitted as warranty claims she must have modified her driving as we didn't get any more back!

i had a few blakdimond clutches go on a car i'd slightly breathed over the engine on one was my fault with a slightly warn gear box leaving it lookin like yours (dont no if this is the caus for yours as the gearbox self distructed at the same time :D ) others ended up like les's, went for a more uprated one an job sorted

been thinkin about changing my clutch in my 300tdi 90, whats a good upgraded unit to get and any other bits worth upgrading