110 Chop

Mauro1963

Hi all,

i'm thinking about chop my 2003 110's back, a search around didn't gave results, someone has did that and can give me a little howto?

looking too for a solution about fuel tank, i need a place where put it, possibly saving inside space.

suggestions?

Dont know about chopping a 110, but i've always fancied extending a 90!!!!!!! ie keep 90 wheelbase, chopping off the x-member and welding on 110 extension and x-member, siting fuel tank at back ala 110, and fitting chopped down 110 body , so you get 90 wheelbase with 110 overhang , gaining you 10" of floor area. take a photo of a 110 and fold it roughly in half so you shorten the middle bit. It does look good!!!! HO HUM!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Discojmz :) is a good idea... i think about that, but i wish have place to keep batteries ecu and other things, was considering make one to fit under backseats... maybe :) anyway is a good chance

Yostumpy, extend a 90... my idea is: the 110 is best than 90 and near good as 100, can do same things and sometimes better, yes is harder to manage and his belly must stay high but it roxx, the only major problem is the rear overhang, my dream is crewcabbed, bobtailed and roof chopped to put down CG, i will do all those things one day... first thing will be bobtailing.. when all thing that come out from chop will find a new good place ;)

you'd be better off shortening a 110 to 100, & it would be less choppy on the road & no need to fabricate tank mounts as it's already at the back.

Interesting but tail remains.... i hate hang everywhere with my back :P and RRC has same problem...

Fit big tyres and a strong fuel-tank guard and you will drag the back end less, and it won't matter when you do. I haven't had a problem with my rear overhang (or breakover angle) and I would really miss the extra space. Mind you, I suppose portals could be classed as cheating :unsure:

Clearance.JPG

Fit big tyres and a strong fuel-tank guard and you will drag the back end less, and it won't matter when you do. I haven't had a problem with my rear overhang (or breakover angle) and I would really miss the extra space. Mind you, I suppose portals could be classed as cheating :unsure:

I'm going do that, waiting 37/14.50 - 15, Volvo portals are nice but i spent much on mines, ARB, MD, Longfield, must break all to think about them... :ph34r:

your truck is simply fantastic ;)

Clearance.JPG

At last, a modification to catch all that oil dropping from the transfer box and gearbox. How did you fix it - rope or welded bracket to the chassis ? :ph34r::o:P

I like the fact that its shock resistant when off roading ... :lol:

you'd be better off shortening a 110 to 100, & it would be less choppy on the road & no need to fabricate tank mounts as it's already at the back.

:lol::lol::lol:

I love the way you suggest shortening and rewelding a chassis, as opposed to making a couple of little brackets :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

I love the way you suggest shortening and rewelding a chassis, as opposed to making a couple of little brackets :rolleyes:

Dont know about chopping a 110, but i've always fancied extending a 90!!!!!!! ie keep 90 wheelbase, chopping off the x-member and welding on 110 extension and x-member, siting fuel tank at back ala 110, and fitting chopped down 110 body , so you get 90 wheelbase with 110 overhang , gaining you 10" of floor area. take a photo of a 110 and fold it roughly in half so you shorten the middle bit. It does look good!!!! HO HUM!!!!!!!!!!

as I was refering to the reply ^^^^ & not the original question

Hey, if chopping a 110 chassis to make a 127 is good enough for LR then whats the problem,

as he has 110 anyway & wants a shorter wheelbase & reuse the exiting body panels/& machanicals, it's worth exploring. just another option.