Can I be cured?

Ryan

As you can see by my screen name, I own a Discovery. However, a long time ago (well about 12 years) I owned a Series 3, and I loved it (apart from it using more oil than petrol :o). I have owned the Discovery for a little over a year and I love it too. Trouble is, I sat in V8Bertha's 110 the other day - only to stick my foot on the brake while he was undoing the crankshaft nut - but I was reminded why I wanted to own a Land Rover again. I really want a 90 or 110 now :wub:. Don't get me wrong, my Discovery is great and it does more than I ever expected of it, and I've spent a bit of money on it; but to me there is just "something" about a 90 or 110.

I apologise to all Discovery owners for the traitorous remarks :ph34r:.

Is the only cure buying one and then finding out what a big mistake I've made?? :blink:

There's no cure. If there was, would you want it? :P

Pity you said 90/110 not 88/109 but no-one's perfect I suppose :lol: a TDi 110 is a reasonably sensible daily drive and a capable off-roader. I find 90's too small to be useful really, by the time you've put your lunchbox and a tow rope in the back it's full up.

I've a 110. I'd consider a few other LR products, a series, a 101 if I could find one B) , but have to say I don't think a disco would ever be on my list.

You already know the LR marque and love the "something-ness" of a 110.

I say, go buy one :)

I agree - no cure! But it is a *good* thing B)

Any remote chance of saving up for a 'cheap' one? Even if it's a project vehicle and keeping the Disco as a daily driver? Although you do get stuck with 2x insurance, tax etc.

(My series was brought for this very reason, but prehaps not the best example! :ph34r::lol: )

I think you might miss the Disco if you get rid, I still miss mine. You've done an awful lot too it and it's a nice truck, nothing like that motorway cruising :)

(Cue homer-esque drooling)101 V8....mmmmmmm.....

Pity, I don't have the space. Unfortunately whatever I have has to be my daily driver as I've only got one parking space at home. I also cannot afford to run two vehicles, let alone buy another one without selling the current one. At the moment, I haven't decided re the 90 v 110 issue as both have pro's and con's from my point of view. Ditto petrol v diesel (though petrol will have to be converted to LPG).

There's no cure. If there was, would you want it? :P

Pity you said 90/110 not 88/109 but no-one's perfect I suppose :lol: a TDi 110 is a reasonably sensible daily drive and a capable off-roader. I find 90's too small to be useful really, by the time you've put your lunchbox and a tow rope in the back it's full up.

Totaly agree there is no cure I drive a 300 tdi 90 csw but like fridge says way to small looking for 110 now, wouldnt drive anything else than a defender of some discription

I prescribe a 110 V8 on lpg , will cure you of wanting to drive anything else, luckily having the room, I currently run 3 Land rovers, the tdi disco is the everyday drive for economy reasons, the V8 disco I had from new, so its not worth selling with the price of petrol and mpg .

The 110 V8 csw is my little treat to drive , on special occasions, as the fuel burn is horrendous at UK prices it was bearable in OZ, and has all the gear for outback travel. The cost of lpg conversion would not be justifiable on its occasional use basis, plus it will last longer if I dont use every day. You cant replace , this model no longer being an option. shame on landrover :D JMHO

p.s. whats with all this leaking defender chat, my 110 doesnot leak a drop, never has, and that includes being in a cylone in OZ

I'm sure when it's fixed Dan & Jen will let you try the camel, and Nay may let you try her 110 if you ask nicely. I think apart from being a bit noisier, a TDi 110 contains most of the same oily bits as your Disco and will perform very similarly.

They go well on portals too ;)

Hi

I have a disco and a 90 and when it come to driving up north or going down south a bit more, the disco with 3 kids and the wife is so much better.

BUT i'd rather drive the 90 it's just so much more fun, bit cold at times (heater didn't work hopping it may do know i've put the TDI in it).

my old S3 was fun too.

Tim.

I had a V8 110 pick up for a while, a part ex I took for my AEC Matador, it was great fun until I had to refuel it, I don't think the fuel consumption ever made it to double figures! That was nearly a cure, for a moment or two, but I still missed it when I part exed it to get my Dad's Disco for him.

Eye, no problem driving the Camel when it's all fixed and shiney again :) Naomi's may give the wrong impression if you're thinking of a 110 as the bulkhead prevents the seats moving back nicely, the Camel's much more comfy ;) Sure Pope-on-a-rope will let to sit in his 90 too.

Naomi's may give the wrong impression if you're thinking of a 110 as the bulkhead prevents the seats moving back nicely

Not a problem, so long as the leg room is no shorter than a Series. I had about 3 years with the Series, and the only problem was numb bum syndrome because of the very basic seats (not even the delux ones!) over long distances, oh and fumes were getting in somewhere and would give me a bit of a headache.

It's strange, sometimes I miss de-icing the inside of the windows!! :unsure:

For me, moving people around isn't much of a problem. It's not often I have any passengers - I don't have a "significant other" and there are no "financially dependents." Load-wise, when I had the Series, and never had cause to move anything big. As long as I could get a couple of bales of hay or straw in the back, I was happy. This points me towards having a 90. However, having driven the Discovery for a while now, I can see how the longer wheelbase helps with the comfort off-road (or it will again once I've changed the suspension back to standard).

I probably won't do anything until after the Alps trek so I'll know how much I'll have to play with, and I will have also had long enough to think it over so hopefully I'll know by then if I still want to go ahead.