Gaydon 60th features stands

jules

Gaydon 60th

There will be a one of the arenas for various land rovers

I'm helping out and I've been asked to find working rovers and sports

Has anyone got a working LR

EG with a cherry picker, rail mounts, spec lift or workshop etc.etc is the type of thing I'm looking for to Land Rovers use on the stands

anyone interested

I have some sports / Racing rovers lined up but any historic racers still knocking about would be grate..

Gaydon 60th

There will be a one of the arenas for various land rovers

I'm helping out and I've been asked to find working rovers and sports

Has anyone got a working LR

EG with a cherry picker, rail mounts, spec lift or workshop etc.etc is the type of thing I'm looking for to Land Rovers use on the stands

anyone interested

I have some sports / Racing rovers lined up but any historic racers still knocking about would be grate..

So Emma has found someone to organise that section, good luck Jules!

For my sins I will probably be organisisng the Series 1's as the original organiser has stepped down.

Ben

:lol::lol:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the emergency services features but should be a laugh finding out

What Area have you been given ( I can't find my map at the mo?) If your near the lake, theres always the possibility of a pumping dispaly for the Fire trucks.....

And the Medical coould revive the owners once they see the fuel costs!

Hmmm, wonder how that got to have blue lights as it's not a Ambulance/Police or Fire appliance ?

It's a technical rescue unit for hauling people out of holes in the ground, the edge of cliffs, car crashes, all sorts really. It's a working unit so I think he's allowed the blue lights. His colleague has a HiLux or whatever but no-one cares about that :lol:

It's a technical rescue unit for hauling people out of holes in the ground, the edge of cliffs, car crashes, all sorts really. It's a working unit so I think he's allowed the blue lights. His colleague has a HiLux or whatever but no-one cares about that :lol:

Ah, Cave & Cliff rescue, all makes perfect sense & legal now :D

You could contact the local Red Cross branch and see if they use Land Rover ambulances: If you phone the West Midlands office on 0121 766 5444 and ask for the "public events co-ordinator".

The St John ambulance have standardised on Nissan 4x4 ambulances, but they may still have some Land Rovers - try 024 7669 6521 or countyhq@warks.sja.org.uk

East Midlands Ambulance Service is on 0115 929 6151 - unlikely to have anything along the lines you are looking for.

Cheers

Blippie

when land rover orphanage was in Kemble, he had a couple of fire tender land rovers on site - not sure what he has done with them now he has gone to bumpers - if he has kept them and restored them then that might be an option - one was direct from an airfield IIRC

Hmmm, wonder how that got to have blue lights as it's not a Ambulance/Police or Fire appliance [...] Ah, Cave & Cliff rescue, all makes perfect sense & legal now :D

We are periously close to me hunting out my (well thumbed) copy of the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989...

Jules, had a look at one of the others suggestions and there was a picture of TACR2. That started me thinging of fire appliances.

- Wellesbourne Mountford is an aerodrome about 10 mins away from and I'm pretty sure their fire cover is provded by Land Rovers. The airfield only has CAT1 fire cover so may well be able to spare a vehicle.

- The real fire boys are Warwickshire FIre and Rescue on 01926 423231 or http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/web/corpora...ickshire.gov.uk. Dunno if they have any Land Rovers.

- Will there be fire cover provided by the organisers due to the large campsite, etc, there sometimes is at these sort of events?

Cheers

Blippie

Jules,

Further to my PM my 90 would be available if you wanted it, it is a Stage Safety Unit so while it only carries Amber lights it carries a range of medical equipment for use in the rally world and also some kit for stabilising a car etc