Alternative heaters

CR88

Hi,

Some time ago (some years ago) I found one article in the LRO magazine where it was presented how to fit an VW Polo heater in a SIII.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about and where I can find it?

Regards,

I've got a defender one in mine. Works well and is pretty easy to fit.

Jon

Yes, I agree with the solution and is alternative, but I'm looking for a really alternative solution.

I search in my eldest LRO but no luck so far.

I remember one handy fellow that fit in a very straight way the VW Polo heating system under the bonnet in a SIII.

Any idea where I can find it???

This is an indirect lead, but try this link http://www.kenner.ca/RoverWeb/mailinglist-...01/01/0001.html

note that it goes back to 2003, and that one of the links is dead, BUT you can see Harald Hansen's email so you could try him directly, or join the list and ask.

Along the same lines, try contacting StrangeRover from this thread.

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f6/arctic-he...cher-21371.html

Cheers.

Hi,

Some time ago (some years ago) I found one article in the LRO magazine where it was presented how to fit an VW Polo heater in a SIII.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about and where I can find it?

Regards,

I'm probably stating the obvious but if you know the month and year you could order a back issue.

I'm probably stating the obvious but if you know the month and year you could order a back issue.

If I only knew... I hope you have a better memory then me :P

To be honest I don´t know, I only remember that I saw it.

Someone had fitted an additional matrix with a fan into the passenger seat box on my landy, it seemed like quite a good idea as it was switched independently but the pipe work to it was not great, it was 15mm copper T’d into the normal matrix pipes and then run down the bulkhead and between the floor panel and chassis then elbowed into the bottom of the seat box, I though this had the potential to get snagged and cause a coolant leak so took the piping out, I may think about reconnecting in silicone pipe if I can find a better route