which winch motor

jungletrekker

I might be opening up a can of worms??? But which motor would people recomend to replace the origional motor on my 8274-50? xp 6hp or a bowmotor? got twin batteries and 100 amp alternator.

Thanks in advance

Ben

The XP 6hp is excellent, been using them for a few years now with no problems. Never tried a bow-motor but read a few bad reviews.

Lee

I bought a Bowmotor about 3 years ago , expecting a drastic transformation , But I was very dissapointed and went straightout and bought an XP and decided to keep the Bow for a spare ,

IMHO the standard 4.6 motor is stronger and faster than the Bowmotor , in 12v that is

Guest diesel_jim
A quick search of this or any other forum should give you the answer to your question. In case you can't wait that long then the answer is similar to a windows operating system!

Hmmm.... the Warn Vista? :blink:

warn 8274-w95? :lol:

As others have said the standard 4.6 is a superb motor - very quick at no load. The XP is also superb; they pull well, are cheap enough and easily available. I've got 7.8 hp motors to go on my winches but I'll go back to XP's if I have any issues.

As others have said the standard 4.6 is a superb motor - very quick at no load. The XP is also superb; they pull well, are cheap enough and easily available. I've got 7.8 hp motors to go on my winches but I'll go back to XP's if I have any issues.

It wont take long for those 7.8's to fry themselves! thats when / if you get the truck out the shed :P

I replaced the X50 motor on my 8274 with a Bowmotor when the original let the smoke out. Although the Bowmotor is unremarkable in speed or pull, it does seem to have lasted a long time.

I have another X50 motor to put on when the Bowmotor gives up - but it just refuses to break! I'm going to run it on 24v - see if it will finally set the smoke free!

Si