110 side bins military type

The original military side bins were specifically for jerry cans and open framed. Believe the wolf bins are enclosed.

Foleys and other expedition places should do bins as an alternative to scrapiron.

Those LandieBox stowage units are lovely and very convenient

My mate has a 110 V8 with the 1st generation side stowage units that has the flat doors that are quite flush to the bodywork

The Wolf XD 110's was an improved version with protruding doors. Each bay holds two Jerrycans, fuel goes in the left and water in the right (on RHD vehciles) they are quite spacious.

post-7284-1205714596_thumb.jpg

foley do sell them but again they are about £120 + vat a side. But bigger from what I can work out than the landie boxes.

I've been looking at ebay etc at cheap metal lockers to see if they can be adapted...would save a load of hassle!

Hi

I made mine using treadplate bent up into an 'L' shape with a flange all the way round, riveted and glued it inplace under the wheel arch and then cut an access hatch into the top, to give access from the inside.

Mike

Mike...

Have you got any photos?

Cheers

James

Hi

yep some pics here

18032008257.jpg

Rivets are visible but will blend in when i respray it

18032008261.jpg

view from underneath showing how the box tucks up out of the way

18032008258.jpg

inside shot with lid shut

18032008259.jpg

its possible to fit a surprising amount of stuff in... who said all those hours playing tetris were wasted :lol:

Mike