Just when you think it has all gone pear shaped...

Gromit

So I was coming back home on my 2 hour commute last night when I got some pretty bad vibration. So much so, that I stopped twice to see have a look round the truck. It seemed to be coming from the front of the truck but nothing looked awry.

Typical, as I had my test the next day. :angry:

Got home in the dark and set about tracking down the vibration. It turned out to be both rear wheel bearings. 2 hours later, with some minor adjustment:

DSC_5610.jpg

they were good. :)

Attacked the truck with the pressure washer, bled the brakes, adjusted the door lock, cleaned the muck out of the back of it and went to the pub after a long long day.

This morning I ragged it up the motorway to warm it up, stopped just outside the test centre, wiped the swivel clean ;) and headed in for the test. 4 guys poured over the truck. Initial comment was "you're leaking a bit of oil out of the swivel mate". :lol:

They didn't find anything else though, and it passed B) :D

Good work. How much is a normal (not dodgy pre aranged pass) MOT these days?

Is that drum brakes I see on the back? Or am I going crazy. Didnt think they had drums on 200tdi landrovers

NCT actually, I'm in Ireland. €49 for normal punters. Free for me cause I work for them :) (And no, I don't get any pre-arranged passes)

Yep, pic is of drum brakes and a driver member being lightly fettled with LR tool #2 :lol:

Disks came in at the end of the 200tdi run.

Good work. How much is a normal (not dodgy pre aranged pass) MOT these days?

Is that drum brakes I see on the back? Or am I going crazy. Didnt think they had drums on 200tdi landrovers

rear disc brakes came in 1994 alomg with the 300Tdi engine & R380 gearbox, almost all genuine factory built 200Tdi 90/110 should have rear Drum brakes, but some very late vehicles had rear dics as the production line geared up to change to the 1994 model year 300Tdi builds.

My brother does my MOT for £2 to cover paperwork,

it's the hardest MOT any vehicle ever has, trust me,

last year he pulled it pieces because the blue dash light did not come on when it was on main beam!!!,

and he checks the tyres don't stick out with a straight edge,

he's to the letter is my brother, but its cheap (don't know what he'd charge for a re test)

it took me ages to bring myself to brew up for him afterwards at halftime when we were watching the match.