Stazworks DOUBLE Internal Beadlocking Rims - A Tech Thread

I am a bit surprised about you popping inner tubes, I ran 35" simex with thick tubes on modular rims since 2003, lowering pressures to as low as 12 PSI and no problems myself. I doubt you are putting more torque through the system, I run 4.75 diffs and have twisted a heavy duty shaft to 180° plastic deformation (as you saw) So I dont think exess torque is a problem because of your engine.

Daan

As I said earlier, I used to rip valves off regularly before bead locks, I found anything under 18psi was a disaster.

Nige, I need to go and do some reading again BUT when I last looked at this tyres can be either E-marked or carry the equivilant DOT marking. If this is the case the requirement is that the DOT approved tyre has a speed rating of 75mph. Boggers are unrated so, at first, you think problem. However, I then discovered that unrated tyres had to be able to handle 75 mph for 10 mitutes (IIRC) and that this is idential to the test for a 75 mph rated tyre. This would then imply Boggers are legal. I need to go and double check this but I wouldn't fret too much about it.

:wub: OK ALL

Admission time

I have worked out the costs post-22-1207067164.gif

For a single 7x16 rim 'unit'

Complete with the Cold Rolled Ring,

in Black with all the nuts bolts etc

fully complete, etc

Inc being freight shipped to UK,

with VAT customs tax import duty and Delivery UK included

Everything totalled up including

Credit Card costs and converted from $ to £s

:blush:

£187.12 per rim

you could argue you just need 4 ?...

Yep its a lot, but to be honest see what a single beadlocking Mach 5 is from Devon

Anyway - me :wub: me Stazzies

Getting the maximum amount of goodies per freight delivery / US and UK Delivery etc makes a huge difference ie costs of freighting 1 and 10 etc almost if not the same, bulk orders split costs too between buyers.......just need to extract some £s from Mr Warne now :lol:

A single order of say just 5 rims would be HUGELY more expensive - economies (if that the right word) of a group purchase :)

Nige

My Interco Super Swamper SSRs are DOT marked, but for US use, any good here?

All 'fabricated' wheels were banned in the 1980's due to the fashion of 'banding' steel wheels to give large off set / wide width and the subsiquent failures of many home made Mini and Cortina wheels. This still applies now to fabricated beadlock wheels as the law stated wheels must be e-marked. I doubt 90% of people would reconise a fabricated beadlock wheel, but the one who does in the wrong situation would leave you with no insurance.....

Mach 5s persumably fall foul of this law? And what about the new BTF mach 5 style wheels? Are they e-marked?

I'm planning to get a set of 'road' wheel for my truck and save the beadlocks/superswampers for off road only

Admission time

fully complete, etc

Everything totaled up including

£187.12 per rim

Yep its a lot, but to be honest see what a single beadlocking Mach 5 is from Devon

Nige

Good value I reckon :)

Admission time

fully complete, etc

£187.12 per rim

Getting the maximum amount of goodies per freight delivery / US and UK Delivery etc makes a huge difference ie costs of freighting 1 and 10 etc almost if not the same, bulk orders split costs too between buyers.......just need to extract some £s from Mr Warne now :lol:

Nige

that's not too bad - I was expecting it to be nearer £300 than £200 a corner.

What did the card company charge you if I may be so rude? I have been looking into their charges for currency conversion recently ahead of some European travels and some are certainly much better than others!

Thanks

Chris

Ermmmm.........Well, Hello all. :lol:

Thought I had better… er, now, ..how can I say this ?….erm well say ‘something’.

Obviously this is the “International Forum” with many different Time Zones not just GMT, so hence the time now is 12.00 midday in the USA :P

This post sort of... erm ...'relates' to the recent one Stazworks Double INTERNAL Beadlock Rim Thread ….

So, How about……….

“Please check the ‘Date’ & ‘Time’ coding for this Post ?”

12.02am 1st April 2008..............Yep,...............As in – ‘1st April’, ….

As in this is a “LR4x4 Forum Special” – A complete and utter wind up :P

Whilst I do have a set of rims from Stazworks,

….(and yes they are truly loverley, )

….(and yes I have fitted them, )

….(and yes I have done a ‘Tech Article’…. )

….This is not the one….. :P this was a spoof

There is no “Prototype T System”, No, Honestly there isn't :P

I made it up, the most tricky thing was getting a 16” tube over the Donut ….whilst trying not to laugh as I took the piccie and aviod any camera shake

I along with the other Forum Mods, only a very few chosen Forum Members were in on the Post (Jez, Will W, Fridge, and a few others - Si R, Paul W, Rogue V - who knew but said nothing) thought it might be fun to see if we could get away with it. ?

With 34 Replies & 697 views to the thread, …I think we can say we have :lol:

We did wonder when Astro Al spotted it was both a ‘Tuesday’ AND ‘April 1st’ …. :unsure:

So, here now is the PROPER thread for the ‘Tech Article on Stazworks DBL Rims’

The ‘Really Truly Genuine (Honest Guv) - Tech Thread for Stazworks Double Internal Beadlocking Rims – erm without the <cough> Special ‘T’ Prototype System :P

So, be honest ………..did we “Gotcha” then ??? :lol:

Oh, ….and if you believed they only worked out at £187.12 each then we “Gotcha” twice :P

Nige & The Mods & Admin of LR4x4

Oh, yeah, and finally ………

PS “No Tubes were harmed in the making of this thread – one was however slightly inconvenienced” :rofl: