Happy St Georges Day

dollythelw

It goes to show though how much pride we have in England, and I'm guilty as well. This morning at a very silly time, we had the news on at work. One of the stories was regarding St George's Day. Both me and my colleague look at each other and say "Oh, is that today?" Shows how much notice is taken. I don't know when exactly the Saint's Days are, but you can be sure when St David's/St Andrew's/St Patrick's Day is coming up, you'll know about it.

I think part of the problem is St George himself. A very obscure figure who wasn't British/English and probably didn't ever visit the country. (I know St Patrick was Welsh).

What we (english) need is a proper patron saint.

I'm available for the position............just i'm not much of a saint :blink:

A Welsh manager of mine was quite miffed at having to duck under the 8' x 4' St. George flag draped from the beams in the office!! Hoorah!! and today, the flag is definately 8' x 4' and not 2.44 x 1.22 of those Brussels Metres!! Hoorah again!

Don't care where St. George came from, all I know is that he reprisents ENGLAND, thats good enough for me!

Food for thought!

The following is the 2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year a definition required for the contemporary term, 'Political Correctness '

The winner wrote: 'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'