Portugal - 2008 - How we doing?

TJ101

Having a cracking time, end of day four, one Toyota repaired (fuel issue) and one Defender (prop UJ, panhard bush, fueling, radius arm bushes.... (can you guess who?)

Off roading and site seeing is good - excellent wild camping, best steak dinner ever courtesy of Pugwash last night maybe open fire cooking is his forte.

In Gurada (sp?) currently 28 deg C Sat on the balcony booze in hand what better way to go!

Pictures to follow.

Les your missing out!

Guest WALFY

You're right Tim. We don't care :P:P . Did James' truck break down then ;) . Perhaps not , it never sees the light of day let alone the beaten track :P

You're right Tim. We don't care :P:P . Did James' truck break down then ;) . Perhaps not , it never sees the light of day let alone the beaten track :P

James truck never see the light of day,, Sticky's truck !!! no major problem

Must be months since his last accident :o . Must be due another sometime soon

Months - are you sure about that? last HW event?

PS (not TJ posting here so less comments about my truck hey!)

Watson - ??? wires crossed somewhere i think.

No passport yet chaps. I can't turn away work on the off-chance it might turn up. Have a good time and write something egg-related on Mo's pate while he's in a drunken stupor - then post a pic of it :) There's always Transylvania (or whatever) next time. :(

Les.

No pictures as yet,, Forgot to load the software on this machine,, other guys playing at trying to get on line as i type !!

7 days into the route, some excellent tracks, and wild camping,

Not much clue where we are,, Mark (Org Farmer's) job at present !!! But found a proper camp site for the night,, with internet access !!

More later after a beer or 4 !!

Hallo chaps,

Having a wonderful time :)

Uncle Les, shame you couldn't make it, I think you would have appreciated this poolside bar with WiFi, still there'a always next time :) I've had Uncle Victor in with me today so I haven't been lonely ;) I'll send a picturetext ;) ...

Martin, buy your own fags ya cheapskate ;)

Blinding trip, great routes and all the Landys have been fine, the Toyota however ...

Mo :)

Glad to hear its going well over there and you’all are having a ball………….. B)

We just flew back to the UK this morning from our trip …………….. it was mostly OK but a good many of my routes were still impassable due the damage from hurricane Ivan which was 4 years ago :blink: ……………however the weather made up for it with mostly 28 – 34C…………….

:)

Ian

:hysterical: "Toyota: The Mediocre 4x4xfar"

all the landies haven't ben fine- stickies has had major surgery and the yota has been brilliant- by far the comfiest if not always the most economical (14mpg anyone - eek- though that was off road and pushing it hard). a certain maurice murphys truck is smoking like a chimney- can't beat these efficent TDis !!!trip going very well- couple of us tookm a detour to watch he portugal rally- which was fun even if we did get moved on by the police at 1 in the morning. weather could be better- not as warm and sunny as could be hoped for but it looks like improvemenets are on the way!

Is this the Portugal expedition with Mark Booth on it? If so say hi from Craig at Harveys then push him down a mountain :D

Victor (Mark) duly pushed,, if factm we have got him a summer job down here, cleaning pools !!

Now sat just out side of Gib,, all going wellm with now problemsm bar thw mosi bites,, JST looks like Nick Walkers did a few years baxk at 7 Sisters !!! Not a preety sight !!!

Is this the Portugal expedition with Mark Booth on it? If so say hi from Craig at Harveys then push him down a mountain :D

Victor (Mark) duly pushed,, if factm we have got him a summer job down here, cleaning pools !!

Now sat just out side of Gib,, all going wellm with now problemsm bar thw mosi bites,, JST looks like Nick Walkers did a few years baxk at 7 Sisters !!! Not a preety sight !!!

Guest diesel_jim
Now sat just out side of Gib,,

In La Linea? thats about 1/2 hours drive down to my families place in Tarifa.

nice area around all of Andalucia, mi gusto mucho!

In La Linea? thats about 1/2 hours drive down to my families place in Tarifa.

nice area around all of Andalucia, mi gusto mucho!

Hi Jim,, Just 1/2 mile outside Tarifa at a campsite,, chilling after a day with the monkeys on Gib,, Got to be sure we beought the right ones back wirh us :lol: