Proper welder in Sussex / Surrey area?

Francis

Ok. I am in need of a WELDER. Not one of those YTS welders who can make blobby messes, but a GOOD welder who can do a nice job on my disco boot floor!

If there's anyone out there on the forum who lives locally to me, who wants to earn some money doing this for me, drop me a line on 07805 719274. I do not want to give it to my mechanic, his welder, is, well, shi..... not good and after the botch job he did on my 110, he's not getting his grease monkey hands on the disco.

So, give us a call, text us, whatever. I was thinking of having the floor done out with sheet steel instead of the normal factory replacement floor. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Ok. I am in need of a WELDER. Not one of those YTS welders who can make blobby messes, but a GOOD welder who can do a nice job on my disco boot floor!

If there's anyone out there on the forum who lives locally to me, who wants to earn some money doing this for me, drop me a line on 07805 719274. I do not want to give it to my mechanic, his welder, is, well, shi..... not good and after the botch job he did on my 110, he's not getting his grease monkey hands on the disco.

So, give us a call, text us, whatever. I was thinking of having the floor done out with sheet steel instead of the normal factory replacement floor. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

IIRC The std floor is ribbed :moglite: , no not that sort of ribbed :unsure: but ribbed for strength, a flat steel floor will have far less strength in it - go with the correct unit

And no thanks...... I don't wish to bid for this job :P

Nige

Thanks for the tip. Didn't think of that. Isn't much temptation for me to drive around with a car that sounds like Rolf Harris' wobble board.

There's more than just the floor to do, it's rusted around the floor area too. I have a few hundred to spend on it.

Ok. Found a guy who is prepared to sell me what ever I want to cut off a really nice disc that got totalled in an accident, so I cam going to angle grind the entire rear floor out, and hav that welded in, need also to cut out the rear floor supports and rear body cross member.

50 quid is a lot better than 200+ and I don't mind putting in the effort. Now to find a welder!

Ok. Found a guy who is prepared to sell me what ever I want to cut off a really nice disc that got totalled in an accident, so I cam going to angle grind the entire rear floor out, and hav that welded in, need also to cut out the rear floor supports and rear body cross member.

50 quid is a lot better than 200+ and I don't mind putting in the effort. Now to find a welder!

I wouldn't bother with that, I'd want new if I was going to that much trouble to weld it in. I've never seen a disco which hasn't at least started to go.

Sounds like more hassle than it's worth and you'll only end up having to do it again

Sorry if it sounds harsh

The .......... is ribbed :moglite: ,

Nige

will flex too much like a skin when you're ..................................

Les.

How come its the moderators in this thread that start talking about 'ribbed' and 'skins' ? :rolleyes: ............... you guys need to get out more :P and El boggo needs to ban you from his forum :banned:

:hysterical:

Ian

I can recommmend Berwick garage near Lewes 01323 870598 they made a very neat job of my new floor, about £400 including the new part for the whole job. Richard is the owner , very Landrover friendly.

Jules

Is that £400 to supply and fit just the boot floor?

Les.

It did include a bit of other welding aswell but was about £100 less than several other places round here quoted !!!!