Yet another standard type of wheel rim

JimAttrill

I was looking at a Defender 'Kalahari' the other day, and realised that it had steel wheels that I had not seen before. Sorry, for those who have not come across it, a Kalahari is a <2007 Defender with a 300Tdi engine. Possibly it is the 'rest of world' spec that Bogmonster talks about. So most of the vehicle is TD5, except the engine. Oh, and the csw has rubber mats instead of carpets.

I had always thought that this Defender would have the wolf steel wheels which are 6.5Jx16. But this one had steel wheels with no holes in, like the old 5.5Fx16 tubed type wheels that my Defender was made with. But these rims have the indentation for the tubeless tyre, and are a 5.5Jx16. Made by Dunlop. I must say I would prefer the wolf rims myself.

EPC just says

5.5FX16 tubed NRC7578 -- no longer available & superseded by

tubed ANR4636

the wider 6.5L is ANR1543 tubed & then it goes to the 6.5J XD/Wolf wheels

if they were made by Dunlop I'd expect to find the <D Dulnop D logo stamped into them somewhere.