Rear door bottom corners

Stephen337

Hi,

The bottom rear corner of the back door of my disco are really quite dangerous! Well dangerous to my two year olds head any way. She is just tall enough that the sharp corner is just at the right hight to do her a real injoury.

Has anyone any ideas for rubber stops to just make the corner safe. All I can find on the net are the door strips for protecting the edges in car parks. I cant find any that would do for a corner.

Ta

Stephen

i suppose you could just round it off, and touch it up with some of the correct coloured paint..

even a 10mm radius would take the sting out of it... my daughter has just turned 1, so i've got all this to come!

Hi,

The bottom rear corner of the back door of my disco are really quite dangerous! Well dangerous to my two year olds head any way. She is just tall enough that the sharp corner is just at the right hight to do her a real injoury.

Has anyone any ideas for rubber stops to just make the corner safe. All I can find on the net are the door strips for protecting the edges in car parks. I cant find any that would do for a corner.

Ta

Stephen

gaffer tape is what i used after the said impact

your choice if you do the door or child tho

it may seem a bodge way but the little darlings grow so fast soon they will be banging there heads on somthing els

Try to make sure your children are born a bit like Mr bluddy Rafferty (well, not exactly like, if you know what I mean). He was at least 4-foot tall right from the word go. Of course - there is a risk that they might grow up to invent wierd modifications to Land Rovers, but you can't have everything :angry:

Les. :P

Good education is sometimes painful. People spend lots of money putting guards around hot cookers and things like that to keep their children away but personally I learned at a very young age that the Rayburn was effin hot and I was best not to lean on it!

If you're still looking for a solution for reducing the damage caused by the sharp door corners on your Discovery, you could try fitting the old-fashioned type door guards that are a triangular block of rubber and fit using a small grub screw from the rear. (And I mean old fashioned - these were originally used way back in the 60's before clip on guards were even though of!). I had the same problem, but encountered it not with one of my kids, but with my own head when I crawled out from underneath and forgot I had left the door open! By fitting a guard on the lower corner, it doesn't completely remove the risk, but the damage is less. I've used them for the past ten years or so, and found them to be a worthwhile add-on.

You may have a problem getting hold of them in the high street, but a traditional motor factors who employ an oldie like me who remembers them should be able to get hold of some, or point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.