New battery

Daan

Yes, my battery has gone harry flatters. It currently is a Kwikfit special, and has been there since 2002. So that is a bit of a result I think and £97 buys me a new one. it is a standard discovery battery at 75 AH. Since I have fitted an electric rear winch, I found the single battery a bit lacking at times, So I was thinking of having something with a bit more electrical beans fitted, but in the same dimensions. Which one can anyone recommend. I specifically dont want to carry a second battery.

Daan

If you have room for it, a standard battery with a bigger capacity is the most cost-efficient solution. A standard one for a Defender is 110Ah, so gives you about 50% more capacity.

Wel if you read carefully, you noticed that I was talking about the rear winch being electric EP9. The front is good old PTO. The reason for this is that I can still use the rear winch when the world has turned upside down. But for the few times I use the rear winch, I dont want the weight penalty of the second battery. I am kind of thinking about the halfords option at the mo.

Daan,

I am shocked that you are turning to the darkside!!!

Adrian