Cant get 5th with my recon LT77

Rotor

Hi

Ive just refitted my LT77 gearbox back in my 1985 Defender 110 ex mod after having it rebuilt ,it was done here in Spain by a reputable garage, the problem is I cant get 5th gear now, I adjusted the screw next to the gear stick on the left and this gave it more travel accross the right but it now seems like Ive got two locations for third!

Before I go ripping into the garage can anyone tell me if Im doing something wrong??

Rgds

Rotor

Hi

Ive just refitted my LT77 gearbox back in my 1985 Defender 110 ex mod after having it rebuilt ,it was done here in Spain by a reputable garage, the problem is I cant get 5th gear now, I adjusted the screw next to the gear stick on the left and this gave it more travel accross the right but it now seems like Ive got two locations for third!

Before I go ripping into the garage can anyone tell me if Im doing something wrong??

Rgds

Rotor

This should help ...

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=2322

It rather depends on what Rotor bought. I imagine that the gearbox came without the stick, bias spring etc., therefor he is responsible for them and matters relating to their correct setting. If the box needs adjusting though then the remanufacturer is responsible.

I would suggest selecting neutral on the stick and then removing it. Then, without the stick in place, attempt to select 5th gear (assuming that you can tell 5th from 3rd without driving!) on the mechanism below the gear stick. If you can get it then there is some problem (limit screw?) with the stick mechanism, if not it is the gearbox at fault, consult the remanufacturer.

Chris

IIRC on the shifter bar in the tail housing is the 5th gear selector sliding dog, it can be fitted the wrong way round then you wont be able to select 5th gear. long shot but i think i'm right in saying that. if so its not down to you to fix it.