Daily Driver Challenge Sat 4 Oct

JST

Well the last event had to be cancelled due to lack of numbers so i am hoping this one, which would have been the 3rd is on a better date!

If you missed the last one back in Mar there are some details here: DDC 29 Mar 08

The rules and regs from last time remain the same ie:

There will NOT be a class system but there will be some vehicle restrictions.

These are primarily:

1. Your Vehicle must have current road tax, Insurance and an MOT.

2. Maximum Tyre size of 33" tall (255/85R16 equivalent).

3. No Simex Style tread patterns, eg FEDIMAs, INSA TURBOs etc.

4. All vehicles must have suitable front and rear recovery points.

A standard fitted towbar is adequate for a rear recovery point. Front recovery points should be a minimum of JATE rings on each chassis leg if a dedicated suitable winch point has not been fitted. Lashing eyes are NOT acceptable. All tow hitches, whether front or rear mounted, should be bolted to the vehicle (not welded) and must be fitted with spreader plates.)

5. Kinetic Energy Recovery Ropes (KERR) are NOT permitted.

In addition you must comply with my standard rules and regs detailed and linked in from the DDC home page here

The day is designed to be fun and with luck we will have better weather than last time around! I know it was a little wet by lunch time!

The cost is £45 per vehicle, you must pre-register to enter and you can do that by following the links here;

DDC Entry form or emailing me for details.

Those registered will receive directions, timings and scrutineering instructions via email approx 1-2 weeks before the event.

i have funds from 3.5 and BBC from the last cancelled event that can be put down for a place on this one or refunded in full as previously discussed/emailed.

Excellent - good man Ian - with your own winch working as well, not going to do a Shrek are you and borrow someone elses drum pretending yours isn't fixed as your worried it will break again.....

No............ mine is all fixed and will now hold 100ft of 12mm ............... it will be good to use it in anger again...........'borrowing' things and being economic with the truth is all part of Sherks profession :rolleyes::lol::ph34r: .............. black rat pikeys.........

By that time I will have also altered the pipework at the OCV and motor which should also make it a little faster.

:)

Ian

Oi... I resemble that remark :) ... Black Rat???- Don't you swear at me! :D

My winch drum is still not fixed :( ... But I still have Ians H's winch on the front of my truck! :) Might have to give it back tommorow though :(

I am sure that once mine is fixed I will be slightly careful with it... for a few minutes at least!!!

I am supposed to be working for this one but may well appear for marshalling duties if required James?

• 1 month later...

Still a while off yet although i wonder if entries will pick up - 3 to date. There was alot of interest in this last year but it seems not to be, let me know where its going wrong then and i can adapt the day to suit if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

James- my leave has been confirmed from work so you have a marshal!... Now we just need to drum up some competitors!

Come on you lot... some of you specifically asked for easier style non-damaging (or as risk free as possible) challenge style events... this is exactly that! If the first DDC event is anything to go by this will be another excellent day out off roading!

Please don't let this one be cancelled due to lack of interest...