Buxton and district christmas challenge 29/30 NOV

MrHT

looking for people to help us open up the site a little as were struggling for time.the next 3 weekends are planed for. If we can get enough intrest then we can arrange for most of a weekend not just a sunday and the owners have said that it should be possible to stay on site.

Please pm me for more details

looking for people to help us open up the site a little as were struggling for time.the next 3 weekends are planed for. If we can get enough intrest then we can arrange for most of a weekend not just a sunday and the owners have said that it should be possible to stay on site.

Please pm me for more details

What will this involve, chainsaws or just hand tools.

What will this involve, chainsaws or just hand tools.

there are a couple of people with chain saws but I don't encorage it unless they know what there doing. we did a lot last time with a couple bow saws helped keep my weight down and beef up my muscles if nothing else :lol::lol:

Are people camping, caravan, B&B??

well i for one will be there with caravan and i think mr ht is takeing his there are afew that are looking into the b&b side of things the best one to speak to about b&bs is boothy hes the local lad to the site

as regards to the event it open to all competetors where they are the hardend challenge drives or its your first time at this sport you are all welcome this is only my second event the first being the previose badlrc challenge

i will also like to state that you will not be made to drive/winch any section you feel is beyond your capability you are your own person and you chose wether or not you to do something

so please get your fourms in you will not be disapointed

anyone needing advice or have any problems feel free to contact me mr ht or badlrc were hear to help

cheers dave

Well I live about 5 miles from the site, and if anyone needs help or directions etc pm me and I will do my best to help,

sorry there's no room left at my house John Sales and co have booked my double garage as a sort of B with no other B, except for "bugger off I'm not giving you breakfast" and if I'm doing well and in a good mood then I may put the heating on in there for them, we'll see

anyway I've got a 9 stone German Shepard Dog guarding my Christmas stockpile of beer and all things intoxicating, just in case they get restless or cannot sleep and want my Stella and biscuit tin!

I bet the neighbours will think I've got a garage full of tunnel runners or similar.

Strange site Rushton Spencer and one that a bit of rain can make a massive difference, it's one that I would not like to set out in advance.

Best Regards

Stuff spectating come and marshall Breifing will hopefully be 9 on the sat and 830 on the sun.

But otherwise spectating is not a problem as long as spectators arn't camping as we'll struggle for room with competitors and marshalls camping.

I'm up for marshalling, all things permitting :) - sure it'd be more comfortable with a warm 90 to sit in but oh well.

all depends on whether we're moving house or not :huh:

Luke

There is a possibility that the site might let the marshalls not bringing there own vehicle to use one of theres but I'll be honest you'll only need it for the saturday as sunday you be walking the woods and you won't get anything but a challenge motor round even half of what I've got planned

I now have a full plan for the saturday. due to a highish number of challengers wanting to break their cherry, or this is still only their second or third event. The plan for saturday is during the afternoon whilst you are doing the specials there will be a collection of punches availible. They will not have a points value but are there so that people can practise there skills and I am HOPING that all you more experienced Guys can then give some helpful hints and tips and point the new guys in the right direction.

Please speak out if people think this is a daft Idea.

I now have a full plan for the saturday. due to a highish number of challengers wanting to break their cherry, or this is still only their second or third event. The plan for saturday is during the afternoon whilst you are doing the specials there will be a collection of punches availible. They will not have a points value but are there so that people can practise there skills and I am HOPING that all you more experienced Guys can then give some helpful hints and tips and point the new guys in the right direction.

I would appreciate some tips (general dont do it like that you prat) from the experienced guys who are attending.

checking my shifts for the event and all being well look forward to joining in the madness

Ooohhhhh! You don't want to do it like that mate!

Cough, chuckle, head shake, grin.....

Nah, you want to do it like this...

Let me get the video camera going before you try....

'BARNEY, COME AND SEE THIS EJIT!!!'

In all seriousness, I don't think we're really qualified to pass on what little we've learnt in the last 12 months, apart from - walk the section, talk the section, do EXACTLY what your bitch tells you to, no matter if you think you know better! :rolleyes:

Booty Red 90 are you guys popping down tommorrow? 9 to 930 ish tools and if some one can bring a motor that would be great we only need one but daves is untaxed and so is mine and we don't have trailers.

They will not have a points value but are there so that people can practise there skills and I am HOPING that all you more experienced Guys can then give some helpful hints and tips and point the new guys in the right direction.

MrHT im more than willing to go out with/have one join our team to attempt the punches with some guidence , im far far from being an expert but have a little challenge experiance , :unsure: and would like to help the first timers if its only just standing by encoriging them to tackle a situation in a safe manner with a bit of encorregment