Bures Pit re-opened

nytrowrush

Date is no good for me anyway, but I'm not sure I'll bother with Bures, as the people that bought it seem to be making a right hash of running it.

IIRC they bid a price that Peter felt was too much to be economical in running it (he should know) and so he didn't bid.

The new owners first attempted to get clubs to run days there and their friendly and informative site seems to give a clear amateurish message out. Hopefully their organisation on the actual day will be better.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

i went down yesterday and had a good day, at first i was a bit dubious but they ran it well. but the only worrying thing is the marshals down there have not got a clue what they are doing bar 1 0r 2 of them this was shown when they pulled a disco ON TO its roof trying to recover it.

but they are hoping to run it every three weeks.

watson

Every 3 weeks, people will get bored going that often! there is not enough to do there,

Also, how will you know which weeks it is on? In a couple of months nobody will remember if it is a multiple of three weeks since they went last. Much better to make it monthly, say the third Sunday each month.

Chris

post-1339-1224521122_thumb.jpg

.....one of those play-dough moments that you just have to take a picture of :P

post-1339-1224521191_thumb.jpg

A flooded Disco being extracted from the mud runs

....I didn't see what happened with the vehicle that watson refers to above^^ so can't comment , but as we all know with any event its the marshalls that make or break it , as they are there on the spot to get involved as needed.

It's the new owners first event and they have a high std to follow but overall I thought it went ok....we did have to leave at 1.00pm so missed that "Last Hour" when all the problems usually happen :lol::lol: . It was certainly nice to see some 'heavies' pootling around.

....strangely the photo of me stuck doesn't want to upload :ph34r::lol:

Cheers

Steveb

It would be good to see you there, have you still got there truck cab or have you moved on.

Philon

I went there for the first time in my g wagen, i thought it was a very good site. All sites have a limitation for extreme boys, but still a good pay an play. The disco scenario was bad, especially with the kids still it the back :blink:

I went there for the first time in my g wagen, i thought it was a very good site. All sites have a limitation for extreme boys, but still a good pay an play. The disco scenario was bad, especially with the kids still it the back :blink:

Yer, i saw you there, the truck looked very nice, there has always been a very challenging variety.

Yer, i saw you there, the truck looked very nice, there has always been a very challenging variety.

so whats the story with this site, why was it closed ? didn't peter graves run it before ?, and why do I need to brng my drivers license next time :rolleyes:

took some vid of me and my girl friend playing, dont know why she felt the need to vid me winching,and waddling around :unsure:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fpGQpzCdsyA

so whats the story with this site, why was it closed ? didn't peter graves run it before ?, and why do I need to brng my drivers license next time :rolleyes:

took some vid of me and my girl friend playing, dont know why she felt the need to vid me winching,and waddling around :unsure:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fpGQpzCdsyA

Dont know to much, but as far as i heard it went up for auction and now the new owners have decided you need to bring a drivers license.

• 2 weeks later...

The new owners own the site, Peter used to rent it.

Pay & Play will be held once a month with dates announced on the website, the next one is on the 16th November

The driving license is a stipulation of the insurers !

The Disco on its roof was no big deal & it will be back next time.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be good to see you there, have you still got there truck cab or have you moved on.

Philon

Hi

Not using the truckcab anymore.

Just got my transit powered hardtop and a mkIII RR. I wouldn't want the bend the latter.

Every trip to Bures always ends in me fixing something... <_< because it's not structured (like a challenge) and I get carried away.

Richard

Hi

Not using the truckcab anymore.

Just got my transit powered hardtop and a mkIII RR. I wouldn't want the bend the latter.

Every trip to Bures always ends in me fixing something... <_< because it's not structured (like a challenge) and I get carried away.

Richard

Yer i know what you mean, now it hasnt been used for a long time the last time we visited, sections that were drivable are now very hard. The mud has settled and we found ourselves coming across a wall of the thick stuff.

post-1339-1224521122_thumb.jpg

.....one of those play-dough moments that you just have to take a picture of :P

post-1339-1224521191_thumb.jpg

A flooded Disco being extracted from the mud runs

....I didn't see what happened with the vehicle that watson refers to above^^ so can't comment , but as we all know with any event its the marshalls that make or break it , as they are there on the spot to get involved as needed.

It's the new owners first event and they have a high std to follow but overall I thought it went ok....we did have to leave at 1.00pm so missed that "Last Hour" when all the problems usually happen :lol::lol: . It was certainly nice to see some 'heavies' pootling around.

....strangely the photo of me stuck doesn't want to upload :ph34r::lol:

Cheers

Steveb

i agree steve the event was run well its just a shame about the disco roll, as i say other than that it was a bloody good day. id say the organisers did a good job.

watson

The Disco on its roof was no big deal & it will be back next time.

I was not there and can only base my opinions on what I have read here, but if it were me stuck and a marshal pulled me onto my roof then it would be a pretty big bloody deal!!

Chris