R380 short bell houseing rare

crazyfarmerboy

There is an R380 gearbox on ebay that will fit a 200tdi engine. know werstern has one of these and they are supposed to be very good. i would buy it for my project but it is too expensive for a £500 land rover that i am only going to use occasinally for the next three years. Let me know what you think.

charlie

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-...id=p3286.c0.m14

:blink:

If it's too expensive it seems a bit odd to ask for opinions as to whether it is any good?

Yes there is a short bellhousing R380, it was fitted to a very small number of special order 2.5NA Defender vehicles that were built as 1995 model year, and as an upgrade/replacement for LT77 boxes in older vehicles.

Whats wrong with a good LT77 ? :blink: The R380 is not THAT much better a gearbox and there are heaps of much cheaper LT77s if you need a replacement. In fact that sort of money would get you one of Mr. Ashcroft's finest, rebuilt and fitted with a new clutch etc.

Mo

Whats wrong with a good LT77 ? :blink: The R380 is not THAT much better a gearbox and there are heaps of much cheaper LT77s if you need a replacement. In fact that sort of money would get you one of Mr. Ashcroft's finest, rebuilt and fitted with a new clutch etc.

Mo

The later LT 77 boxes were very good , Suffix H IIRC , I have one in my 90 , buts its coming out soon . :ph34r: