Does the forum have a monthly meet?

Paul64

Do the members of the forum have a monthly meet? The reason I ask is because as most of you know I run 4x4 tours in Transylvania, and will be over in the UK for up to a month from November 1st. I am organising a series of presentations from 7-9pm in several locations around the country. The main purpose is to generate some interest in Transylvania and off course generate more custom. However, these talks are usually lively and generate a lot of interest discussion about bears and encounters!

If you are interested in a presentation please let me know. The best localities for me would be anywhere between Shropshire and Norfolk? All I ask for is a projector that can be used with a laptop for presentation of photographs, a suitable venue for 20+ people and plenty of tea and biscuits.

I also ought to add that I am a 'one man band' until my cousin joins the business next year, not a big corporate company, see www.transylvania4x4tours.com so need to spread the word as best I can. Any takers?

Thanks guys for the positive feedback :)

The reason I mentioned locations between Shropshire and Norfolk is so I am within striking distance of relatives when finishing at 9pm during the week. However, I know many of you are down in the southwest, so thanks David for the offer to put me up. If I can get something together with a venue in your area I will be in touch soon.

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul

Graeme, the Landlord at my local will let you use the skittles alley on a non skittles night - want me to check with him as to availability. Also the village hall charges next to sod all for a night and it has a bar and a stage - even got a PA system

I live within striking distance of a fair few of the forumeers - 3/4hour form Exeter, same form Brissal, 30 mins form Yeovil, hour from Lynton

Paul

Graeme, the Landlord at my local will let you use the skittles alley on a non skittles night - want me to check with him as to availability. Also the village hall charges next to sod all for a night and it has a bar and a stage - even got a PA system

I live within striking distance of a fair few of the forumeers - 3/4hour form Exeter, same form Brissal, 30 mins form Yeovil, hour from Lynton

Hi David, that sounds great. If you could get some info on dates available that would be fantastic. If possible could you enquire for evenings between November 20-26th? It would also be good to guage if any of those dates would be good for other forum members and does not clash with any other events? The only other item required would be a projector that has USB or CD capability?

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

P.S I am helping the builders with my septic tank today, so will be back on line this evening and two hours ahead!

P.S I am helping the builders with my septic tank today

An image I could have done without - thanks Paul.... :lol:

Seriously though... I'm not a million miles away from David - and would also be interested in coming along... Might see you in November then!

All the best,

Matt

An image I could have done without - thanks Paul.... :lol:

Seriously though... I'm not a million miles away from David - and would also be interested in coming along... Might see you in November then!

All the best,

Matt

Just having a lunch break from the backbreaking work of the septic tank! The pipes have just been laid and one builder said to the other to pour water down the pipe to see if it was water tight. We were all standing there staring down this pit when yellow liquid flowed out everywhere. The builder threw his arms in the air swearing thinking his mate had peed down the pipe, but it turned out the painter and decorator with a wry grin on his face had just washed his brushes after painting the kitchen walls yellow!

It would be great if you could join us Matt. I will also have the Defender with me as I will be driving back from Transylvania. However, after swapping the wheels and tyres over this morning, she doesn't look half as impressive with AT's on!

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

Any news on venue or dates? The only other item needed would be a projector. I have done the presentation before directly from the laptop, but we were all huddled round and not very good if there are more than three people!

Cheers,

Paul

Haven't been able to get to the pub yet - gastric flu and welding last weekend, welding and ex wife issues this weekend.

Give Anton at OEC a bell he still has my projector and screen that I lent him two years ago. I'm sure he would be interested in the talk and might let me have them back afterwards

Thanks David, that sounds good. I wanted to meet Anton earlier this year, but didn't manage to organise it, so if he can make it later this month that would be great.

Hope your feeling better now, as I know you were looking forward to that beer!

Cheers, Paul

You could try some of the other 4x4 forums, such as northernmonkey offroad. com. If you're likely to do Derby, i could rustle up a projector and for a venue, the brunswick in Derby near the station could serve (good beer as well, if that's relevant...)

regards

You could try some of the other 4x4 forums, such as northernmonkey offroad. com. If you're likely to do Derby, i could rustle up a projector and for a venue, the brunswick in Derby near the station could serve (good beer as well, if that's relevant...)

regards

Hi, Derby is not far away at all. Do you have an idea of how many would be interested in attending?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi, Derby is not far away at all. Do you have an idea of how many would be interested in attending?

Cheers,

Paul

sorry no - but try a push to northern monkey - I know one or tow of their original members and moderators are in derby

sorry no - but try a push to northern monkey - I know one or tow of their original members and moderators are in derby

Tried to register with Northern monkey but still waiting for authorisation. As soon as I can get a few names together and a consensus on dates i will be back in touch. Thanks for offer of use of venue and projector.

Cheers,

Paul

regards

Hi Sparq, The proposed date for the meeting in Derby is Wednesday November 19th. I hope that is a good day for you? I think it would be better to set a date and gauge interest from that. Would you be able to book it with the Brunswick? Is that a pub or social club?

Cheers,

Paul

Booked!

Unfortunately, the function room at the Brunswick in Derby was booked up on the 19th, so I have booked it for Thursday November 20th. Kick off will be at 7pm finishing around 9pm. There is also a bar close by!

Please let me know by e-mail, PM or phone if you are coming as a bigger room will be required if more that 15 people attend.

Sparg - please don't forget the projector as I will be lost without it

My UK mobile number is 0794 766 4295

e-mail: paul@transylvania4x4tours.com

Venue:-

The Brunswick Brewery Ltd

1 Railway Terrace

Derby

DE1 2RU

Tel: 01332 290677

'The Board Room

The smaller of our two upstairs rooms, the board room is ideal for small presentations/meetings, and can comfortably seat 15 people. In the event of a large function room booking the board room can be used a buffet service area.

Again please be aware that as this is an upstairs room there is no disabled access.'

Cheers,

Paul