Snow

wkw90

No snow here in Warminster. Just a hard frost. Glad I've got a nice D3 with all it's gadgets. Just get in press aew buttons and the screen clears and I've got a lovely warm seat. Beats the PUMA hands down any day of the week

You big girl :P

No snow here in Warminster. Just a hard frost. Glad I've got a nice D3 with all it's gadgets. Just get in press aew buttons and the screen clears and I've got a lovely warm seat. Beats the PUMA hands down any day of the week

Got a puma with a heated screen and seats. :P

A mate of mine went up the Wayfarer , North Wales, last night. He's still there waiting for the tractor to get him and the other 2 out.

Since he got stuck, the snow has drifted up to the spare wheel on the back of his Disco. I did offer to go and recover him, but he said I would not get there now.

Last I heard hes still there :blink:

Paul

The missus went to bed saying she was expecting a good 6 inches last night. She was sadly disappointed....

I think they are out now.

Having driven over the Gospel pass this morning in the Subaru (never again), and knowing the Wayfearer, I reckon your mate might be there a while! Best off he walks out and goes back in a few days after the thaw!

I did offer to pick them up last night, but the offer got turned down. But as above I think they are out. But I can not get an answer from his phone.

Paul

:unsure: I'm a bit confused? Was he running road tyres...? In all my experience driving in snow I've never been stuck... If been through snow deeper than the bonnet on my 4" lifted 90 with 265/75r16's on for 500+ meters when snow packs up in front like a wall you back up and take a good run at and burst it and when it happens again you do the same... I've had to clear the radiator a number of times untill I started putting a tarp over the bar at the front...

Even off track driving through ditches and moorland in 3ft of snow I've never had a problem besides game keepers scouring the area looking for me because they couldn't get anywhere near me after they'd seen my tracks ;) Really winds them up driving off the hill through a big ditch and onto a closed road in front of them :ph34r:

Nearly got in trouble when I dropped the front two wheels through ice that was under the snow into some sort of pond... Just smashed all the ice around with the hi-lift and reversed out....

:P:P:P:P:P

He was on Simex copies. But I could only get within 200-250 meters of him with F&R lockers and 35" tyres. The snow was over 4 foot in places. If you look at the roof of his Disco the snow on the roof was about 18"s. Bigest problem was snow under the axles lifting the wheels.

Paul

Paul, looking at the pics that's exactly where four of us struggled through many years ago when I first started laning. It drifts there as it's exposed.

After two or three hours we gave up and reversed back. It was deeper than the bonnet of a Rangie. We tried the ramming thing using an old battered 109 on 33" tyres and a rear locker. It didn't work. Glad he got out ok.

Paul, looking at the pics that's exactly where four of us struggled through many years ago when I first started laning. It drifts there as it's exposed.

After two or three hours we gave up and reversed back. It was deeper than the bonnet of a Rangie. We tried the ramming thing using an old battered 109 on 33" tyres and a rear locker. It didn't work. Glad he got out ok.

The first pictures, at night, are of the other end of the lane. He throught he could get out that way, but the driffs were about 8-10 foot deep at that end. But yes he was glad it was out in the end.

Paul