Drop arm nut

disco_al

I got a 33mm that fits

You've either got Rolson or Black Spur tools haven't you? Go-on, admit it - feel the pain :P

Just to quote from my own thread for you partially-sighted folk -

Regardless of what PAS box you have, you will need a 34mm socket at some point
From inside the engine bay disconnect the fluid supply pipe from the reservoir (17mm spanner), and keep a 34mm socket handy for the drop arm nut
tap the rod up towards the bulkhead until it comes free of the steering box, so that it's easier to get at the drop arm nut, which is 34mm
If you have a steering damper fitted, then pull down and towards the front so that you can get at the drop arm nut, which is 34mm
Drop arm nut next, this 34mm

med_gallery_2_306_1378199.jpg

If you have Rolson or Black spur tools, then it's a lottery as to what will actually fit/not break - Contact V8Bertha - he is experienced in these tools :P

Les :unsure:

:unsure: There are certain things in life one never forget. When my PAS Box was "leaking honey" and marking territories in the neighbourhood and the driveway to some of my friends, I notified Uncle Les. The first socket I bought for the PAS box was a 34mm. I think Lars has given up :lol::rolleyes::P

Nb!!!! Lars you try going out at this hour and the teddy bear will crunch you up :P:P

You guys seem to have bigger nuts than me. :o Both mine are 33 mm, just measured with a vernier caliper (is that the English word for skjyvelaer på norsk?). One is for a manual Gemmer, the other for a PAS ditto.

Now, this is the very last input from me regarding this vital matter, case closed as far as I'm concerned. :P:D

You've either got Rolson or Black Spur tools haven't you? Go-on, admit it - feel the pain :P

Ok.. I admit I did have a pair of Rolson long nose pliers once... I bent the long nose grippy bit! :lol::blink: ... Never again!

I've now moved on to a far more professional supplier by the name of Fisher Price :lol::P

Dan B)

• 2 weeks later...