Blasts from the past

white90

Jase we hadn't met then but remember it well

If I remember correctly we lent you the tool to remove a bust halfshaft :)

Maybe mixed with other memories

Ah yes , I did , I broke both rear shafts within 10 mins of each other ,

Did you have Jay (exmoor cop) co driving for you ?

The Rangie Tray back is Paul Rogers with Roger Pardy co driving

A little bit me-centric, but some pics I have dragged up...

If not my first, an extremely early green laning trip with Matt Neale. Almost got stuck in those ruts :lol: Silly pram wheels!

post-121-1235393945_thumb.jpg

then my first "play day" at a farm near Bristol. Proof that the ARB bumper stuck out a little more than the horn of Africa!

post-121-1235394093_thumb.jpg

Then my baptism at Kersham:

post-121-1235393975_thumb.jpg

couldn't get over the first step for love nor money. Had to winch over it and didn't know how to use the winch so Uncle Tony showed me how! :rolleyes:

Here I am at the next bit of the lane - I drove it at the second attempt and was absolutely elated!

post-121-1235394055_thumb.jpg

Another early career shot messing around at Burnworthy

post-121-1235394021_thumb.jpg

A little bit me-centric, but some pics I have dragged up...

If not my first, an extremely early green laning trip with Matt Neale. Almost got stuck in those ruts :lol: Silly pram wheels!

post-121-1235393945_thumb.jpg

Bish, top one looks like Burnworthy :unsure: , and the first trip out with the winch !! remember the side slope, you winched across !!!

Another couple of shots at Burnworthy

post-14-1235431250_thumb.jpg

post-14-1235431271_thumb.jpg

Bish, top one looks like Burnworthy :unsure: , and the first trip out with the winch !! remember the side slope, you winched across !!!

Definately not Burnworthy Tim, it is on a lane in the Quantocks. Can't remember where exactly, but about 400yds before that shot there is a V gully stream crossing that rearranged my rear bumper!! I am sure Matt will be along shortly to remind us where it is.

As for the side slope - absolutely no recollection of that! You sure it was me? Of course, it could be that my self preservation gene has erased it from my memory!! :lol:

Definately not Burnworthy Tim, it is on a lane in the Quantocks. Can't remember where exactly, but about 400yds before that shot there is a V gully stream crossing that rearranged my rear bumper!! I am sure Matt will be along shortly to remind us where it is.

As for the side slope - absolutely no recollection of that! You sure it was me? Of course, it could be that my self preservation gene has erased it from my memory!! :lol:

Yep recognize it now,, the track up from Bicknoller

Sure Lovers will remember the side slop bit,, Definitely you, first time with the winch IIRC

post-209-1235483105_thumb.jpg

My first Landrover. It had 'one-ton' rear springs and this meant that the rear axle would not move at all off-road. Once full of people it was great! Anyone know the guy in the hat? :P

In the lower picture it seems to be being driven by a boy; not sure I recognise him... Anyone? Large spectacles were clearly the fashion.

post-209-1235483148_thumb.jpg

This is what happened to SimonR and I on the way to a weekend away green-laneing in his (then unfashionable) 110. The rear wheelbearings seized and disintegrated allowing the hub to fit OVER the nuts holding the bearings on. This meant that the wheel, hub, brake disk and halfshaft were able to move sideways. The first we knew of it was when Si looked in the mirror and could see the whole wheel/tyre outside the wheelarch. The weight of the car was resting only on the halfshaft with nothing preventing that from coming right out. We were quite lucky really.

Extra points if you can name the location of our 'difficulty'. 'Hard shoulder' does not count! :P

Chris

My first Landrover. It had 'one-ton' rear springs and this meant that the rear axle would not move at all off-road. Once full of people it was great! Anyone know the guy in the hat? :P

In the lower picture it seems to be being driven by a boy; not sure I recognise him... Anyone? Large spectacles were clearly the fashion.

Chris

Recon he still has the hat as well !!!! or gave it to the "boy" driving :lol: