boggers

jason_landy99

any one useing 35 boggers...

Steve 90 has a set of 37" boggers , They are excellent , He will be along to tell you how good , I had a drive in his truck this year with the boggers and we sailed past simex shod vehicles , but they suffer on the narrower courses between the trees .

If I can sort my axles out first I will definitly be going for a set

Steve 90 has a set of 37" boggers , They are excellent , He will be along to tell you how good , I had a drive in his truck this year with the boggers and we sailed past simex shod vehicles , but they suffer on the narrower courses between the trees .

If I can sort my axles out first I will definitely be going for a set

Yep, They are brilliant. Grip on a wide range of surfaces is brilliant. They out grip a simex 95% of the time and even in the 5% they don't out do them they are at least equal to them. There is no side slope issue, I drive side slopes on mine most people wouldn't full stop and never had an issue. The only down side is width on the very tight events when there are small gaps between the tree's but its a small price to pay for the brilliant grip and something that you can usually find a way round.

To get the best out of them you will want beadlocks as they really do come into there own at 8psi and below.

I don't know if such a thing exists, but how would 35" x 10.5 wide boggers compare with similar Simex - what I suppose I'm asking is, is the improvement down to the size and width or to the tread?

Si

I think its the tread pattern, width, rubber compound and the flexible side wall that makes the difference. The grip on the sort of tree roots that would stop a simex is brilliant which I would put down to the rubber compound and flex in the side wall. They also clean very well and when they do start to spin they will usually keep driving and don't just dig big holes like a simex.

The boggers seem to be in a league of their own, I've never used anything as impressive. I don't know about the 35x10.5's as there won't be the same floatation but with the larger ones aired down they are effectively like tracks. the scoops seem to give great grip even on greasy climbs... In the soft stuff they clear really well and would only dig until the axles where there is still plenty traction.... Turning out from deep ruts etc pointed the wheels and that's where she went.... Very impressed... :)

post-4890-1230504498_thumb.jpg