450 jobs go from Land Rover...

Anderzander

ive been layed off without pay for a while now, we make the Disco, RRS and Freelander seats..... probably been well over a month since weve made any.

but it seems the same for all our customers, toyota and volvo........ when we do/if go back it'll be a short week situation.

All's quiet on my front also. Am currently searching the jobs pages. My work usually does go quiet around now and picks up again in March/April, but I'm not banking on that this year. I'm hoping to get odd jobs/short term work to tide things over. I have several ideas that I have been toying with, branching out into niche areas. But unfortunately they all require money to get going.

Best of luck with the job hunting to all those concerned.

Looks a bit bloody bleak for Land Rover. They seem to have all their eggs in the luxury car market and it could well be the death of them.

Good luck to you chaps looking for work. I was made redundant once when I was in my early twenties and it was bloody terrifying for about 2 days, then I grabbed my Access card and drove to Budapest to cheer myself up, when I got back some work had turned up :) Good job! it still took me years to clear the credit card bill :o Fun but NOT to be recommended :rolleyes:

Will :)

How do you manage?

Basicly you go and sign on for the weeks you are laid off......... also you can claim 5 days money of £20.18? per day.... but you can only claim for 5 days in a 12 week period.

The annoying thing for me is that we have a plant in Redditch on i think 80% lay off pay and Ellesmere Port on 100% because the union put it in their pay deal........ us 0% Dohhhhh! :lol:

anyway the thread is about land rover not my employment issues........ so lets get it back on track.

The fact is no one is buying them at the moment....... especialy in the US..... its not just Britain in a mess, its others too.