X-Eng Ground Anchor

stuck

As I know X-Eng usualy get a good review and contribute to this forum I was wondering if anybody can vouch for the effectiveness of their ground anchor (especialy in soft ground)?

I've only ever used the ones where you knock a series of spikes into the floor before so I'm intrigued as to wether this one works.

Many thanks,

Mick.

i usually use a d44 anchor but had the pleasure of using an x eng one on the scotia event on a 110.and it was very good in most types of ground.

2 little downsides are that it is harder to get out than the d44 when dug well in and the blade is non removable.

its also needs a bracket ala d44 to hold it outside the car when in heavy use rather than the quickfists that many folk use.

bottom line is its well worth buying.

i usually use a d44 anchor but had the pleasure of using an x eng one on the scotia event on a 110.and it was very good in most types of ground.

2 little downsides are that it is harder to get out than the d44 when dug well in and the blade is non removable.

its also needs a bracket ala d44 to hold it outside the car when in heavy use rather than the quickfists that many folk use.

bottom line is its well worth buying.

ill second that, i was kindly lent the said x eng ground anchor when i was having difficulties with mine in the hard icey ground. They seem to dig in and get a hold very easily and requide minimum standing on ect to get to start digging down.

the best bit is they weight nothing and can be easily carried in one hand/used as a walking aid. unlike my goldigger anchor which you need a winch to move it and you cant really sprint with it.