Whats it worth ???

dougstar

OK here goes, my mate has been given alot of bad advice down the line and as much as i would love to help him out i simply do not have the time :angry:

He has a 1995 M Reg Disco dark grey ( not sure specfic colour) all the panels are straight

Its a nice car and he's gutted about getting shut but needs must

He had a problem with it a while back and was told it was the head gasket had gone ! Not sure that this was the case to be honest and again not sure if it actually got replaced with the proper grade / size gasket at all!!

At the time i noticed that a couple of the rocker cover bolts were lose :o these were in due course tightened up and it has ran a dream for a few thousand miles after that, then It has started to make a 'noise' Mike then got it home ASAP it has since sat on his drive and he has been given a load of Bulls1t over the phone from a load of different sources !!!

He has been offered silly money by a local reputable outlet

I belive it to be worth alot more than they have offered

Here's the link that he has hidden away on E-bay

Please feel free to call mike or me 0797067364 or M me if you have any questions and let me know what the best thing to do with it would be??? :rolleyes:

TIA

Dougie

400 quid - no tax little MOT, iffy engine and a flat battery

good runners, but in generally tatty condition, with a bit of tax and test left only go for about 600

You reckon??

Thought ity was worth a bit more than that even with 'iffy ' engine ??

Is that all they worth now ?

Thought the wheels / tyres and axels would have been worth that alone??

Dougie

It is hard work, you will have to advertise and sell all the major parts, strip them, give up lots of Saturday mornings and still you will end up with a pile of leftovers nobody wants.

it's a very long winded way to earn a few extra 100 quid over what you've been offered

Bought mine 2 months ago requiring boot floor and replacement axle for £350, engine mint and doesnt crunch into 2nd. Body 'was' good when i bought it till i collected it with my skip wagon,put a ratchet strap through each wheel and hoisted it onto the back!! Lifting chains scratched the hell outa the paintwork!!

I'd be surprised if its worth more than £500-600, mine is in brilliant mechanical order, but has a dent in every panel (even the roof!) i doubt i'd get £500 for it now...

My plan is to buy a 300Tdi 110 next year and break the Disco up to keep all the usable bits.

They are worth what someone wants to pay....

I got my 1998 V8 ES with LPG for £700 and got the guy to put 6 months tax : total: £800

...only fault was a leaky steering box... and it had 5 new tyres...

Go figure... sad but true...

If you find the right buyer though... I paid £1100 for a LWB Shogun and sold it 8 months later for £2000 with an Ebay classified ad... but it was immaculate and in good running order... with the faults described who knows????