Digital Mapping

stevenew

• 2 weeks later...

hi

just had a quick look at the Quo mapping software the only free bit is a UK road map like on Google maps to get OS mapping you have to pay and it seems more expensive than memory map, i haven't got any electronic mapping at the moment but once i get the landy finished :D i will look at running a touch screen with memory map.

HTH

matt

hi

just had a quick look at the Quo mapping software the only free bit is a UK road map like on Google maps to get OS mapping you have to pay and it seems more expensive than memory map, i haven't got any electronic mapping at the moment but once i get the landy finished :D i will look at running a touch screen with memory map.

HTH

matt

Off road Memory Map 1:25,000, on road mapfactor PC Navigator (both on TC100) + Tomtom on a PDA for a backup.

I tried Memory-Map on a PDA for off-road, but the screen was just far too small to be useful.

What sort of digital mapping system do people use? It seems Memory Map is popular but Mapyx Quo has now gone free to all? Any experiences?

Fugawi UK and Global Navigator here.

Fugawi UK uses the Ordnance Survey Maps and Global Navigator (also by Fugawi) uses just about any other standard of Digital Map and/or you can scan/import your own.

Colin.

Excuse my lack of understanding on this but i've got a Garmin 310 and want to know if i can use any OS mapping for laning etc.

Garmin do their own system, mapsource, but my unit isn't compatible with it, does anyone know which ones are and where i can locate them pls, pref to download for free ?

A friend has memory map on a road angel unit i think and when we went laning it was excellent so thought i'd have a look into it.

The other thing is that the screens are obv small so how do people get around that, can i use a cheap laptop or PDA with the right software ?

Sorry if there are some silly questions in there but comps and all this new fangled stuff isn't my forte, give me a spanner and a nut and bolt any day !

Thank's,

Mark

Excuse my lack of understanding on this but i've got a Garmin 310 and want to know if i can use any OS mapping for laning etc.

Garmin do their own system, mapsource, but my unit isn't compatible with it, does anyone know which ones are and where i can locate them pls, pref to download for free ?

A friend has memory map on a road angel unit i think and when we went laning it was excellent so thought i'd have a look into it.

The other thing is that the screens are obv small so how do people get around that, can i use a cheap laptop or PDA with the right software ?

Sorry if there are some silly questions in there but comps and all this new fangled stuff isn't my forte, give me a spanner and a nut and bolt any day !

Thank's,

Mark

The Fugawi Software works with a PDA as well as a Laptop. So I normally use an iPaq PDA with my Garmin eTrex Summit or Bluetooth GPS.

Colin

Hi, All,

Can I have the benefit of somebody's experience and advice, please? If I want to use, say, Memory Map, on a laptop, in my 110 CSW, for on and off road use, can someone who's already doing it recommend where to mount the laptop, and should I use a second screen, say a 7", so that the windscreen is not too obscured? If so, what about a touch screen, which, where from? All guidance will be very gratefully received.

Thanks a lot,

Mike