drain on flywheel housing

when i converted my 90 to 200tdi i used the existing fly wheel housing, well the engine had to come out due to crappy after market crank seal breaking up after 500km. i noticed that the drain hole on the old housing is on the face that mates to the engine and as so is blocked by the alloy ladder frame. the 200tdi housing the drain point is in the buttom, so i take it i just need to drill a hole in the buttom of the hosuing and bung the old hole up, is this what you guys have done when u have converted to 200tdi's

Hi Megansfolley,

I have indeed done the same as you - I bunged up the original drain hole when fitting the flywheel housing, I really must get round to drilling a new hole in the bottom of the housing :ph34r:

Does anyone know what size to tap a hole so that the original wading plug will fit?

DAve.

mine was blocked buy the engine and when the engine was running the fly wheel was picking up the oil and spray it out of the cover on the top of the case :angry: bloody oil seals only 500 miles old and already buggered

you need to drill a 11.8 mm hole then tape with a bsp tap cant remebr size i ahve drain plugs if u wood like me to send u one

mine was blocked buy the engine and when the engine was running the fly wheel was picking up the oil and spray it out of the cover on the top of the case :angry: bloody oil seals only 500 miles old and already buggered

you need to drill a 11.8 mm hole then tape with a bsp tap cant remebr size i ahve drain plugs if u wood like me to send u one

Cheers mate -

yes would be handy to have a plug - I have one for the timing chest but never had one for the flywheel housing <_< . How much do you want for one?

Dave.

bloody oil seals only 500 miles old and already buggered

Mine (a ****part item) lasted it's first startup and leaked worse than the original I'd just taken out ! So I had to pull the engine out again and fit a genuine one :( Genuine seals everywhere from now on :)

Mo

When I did my rear crank seal I started by fitting a 'pattern' part - then after coming across some threads here I ripped it out and fitted an original before putting the engine back together!

I guess I'll see if I got it right when I drill the new drain hole ;)

D.