Roof racks

MogLite

Tha looks pretty smart. Although I do like the ones with lights built into a fibreglass bib on the front, I heard they weren't making them anymore.

Not even sure the roof profile is close, it looks much more curved from memory (dim now) :blink:

Well I nipped down to the main stealer last night to measure a new shape Rangie, under the cover of darkeness :ph34r:

Dimensions seem very similar to a 38a, doubt it will bolt straight on, but if I can build MogLite, I can get a roof-rack to fit :D

Interesting the L322 I measured had a "Supercharger" badge, yet wasn't a sport. Had an nearside mirror on the front wing like Jap market vehicles.

If anyone is interested - this is now mine

Interesting the L322 I measured had a "Supercharger" badge, yet wasn't a sport. Had an nearside mirror on the front wing like Jap market vehicles.

No idea about the mirror, but you can now get the L322 with the 4.2 supercharged engine that's in the top of the range Sport.

Well I picked up the rack yesterday

The rack is a separate assembly from the mounts, so that will make life easy.

The mounts appear to be in exactly the same positions on a 38a, so if they haven't changed the brackets (why would they?) it will bolt straight on :)

The rear ladder looks like it will go on without mods too.

I don't have my p38a project vehicle yet, so its resting on a scrap classic I've got out back - looks bl00dy awesome on that too.

Also the holder for the plaque on the G4 models looks like it will unscrew, which is good news as I've no intention of putting anything there.

Can't wait to get it on.

Taking my own thread off topic :ph34r:

What size are those BFG's ?

They look bang on for what I want, but I will probably got AT's, and not MT's

This is Alan's P38 the same one that you showed on other post with the winch bumper. They are 235/85 16's and he replaced these with 33" MT's when he put the coils on instead of air suspension.

These and 245/75 16's are the max you can go on standard suspension settings. They rub on lowered and slightly over a bump on motorway. To fit the 33's you'd need to lift it by 1" and trim inner arches.

You can get AT's or also look at Goodyear MTR's these are great on road and no too far behind BFG MT's off. Better choice than an AT in my opinion.

I have a set of 5 Disco II HD 16" steels complete with nuts and centre capsif you are interested. I also have a P38 Workshop Manual going for free too if you want it. I was saving it for Will but I see he's selling his.

Well done on the roof rack purchase.

Cheers

Steve

Bish

I've charged my camera batteries, but I wont be able to use the flash - it far to bling - the reflection will be terrible.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Steve - thanks for the info on tyres. I've got a lead on some 19" MTR's :ph34r: G4 spec

So tyre/wheel choice is up in the air at the moment

As for the workshop many - deffo - that would be really cool :)

Bish

Here are some piccies for you, I doubt I'll be able to keep the little spoiler, but we'll see

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

What is really bugging me, it why cut a recess in the rack, and fit these two tubes ?

IMG_4110.jpg

I reckon the rack is off of one of the LR experience L322's

The surface of the floor, appears to be a galv'd steel skin, with grip tape.

Very nice! :wub:

I have lusted after those since the first time I saw them!!

Bu99er all use to me now I've chopped the ar$e off her though! :unsure:

No idea about those two tubes -perhaps they were for attaching some piece of G4 equipment to?