Guide to fitting 2.5 n/a diesel into a 2.25 diesel swb?

diesel66

I've put also a 2,5D in my 88 that has a galva chassis. Starting point was not to cut thr rh chassis mount but after trying lots of rubbers etc, the injection pump still hits the chassis mount sometimes so at the end I cut it off last month. Engine now sits normal and fan does not hit plastic either

Hi Henk

From the above it appears you've managed without cutting the main chassis mount.

Please can you post some photos, or advise further detail.

Cheers

Mark

• 3 years later...

First SOA 93 and now Les is back! :)

We're getting the band back together!

Who next? White90 willwarne?

Welcome back Les, I hope you're well. I've used many of your excellent tech guides over the years, and I'm very grateful for you taking the time to contribute to the forum again

• Like 1

Good to see you back Mr Henson :) And I'll echo Lewis' comments in that I've also used many of your guides and have been very grateful for the time and effort you put into them.

You can probably echo that for every member on here. Welcome back Les.

Well this is an eye-watering moment :), but the thread is going O/T, and the forum police might well pounce :), but thanks everyone anyway :)

If you try to put either the 2.5 N/A, TD (LOL!), Sherpa (why would you want to? :) ), in a s3 shorty or longy chassis, them Mr Injector pump will sit on the standard O/S chassis mount, and will be worse than nailing the throttle on Niges shed :). I fitted the engine as posted above, and then altered the original mount to fit. If you do whatever to a galv chassis - then you will inevitably end up with bare metal. Proper treatment of that and appropriate care to protect it will ensure the metal will last a long time.

Les.

• Like 1

I would avoid the TD engine, as the pistons will crack. The N/A is a far more reliable engine, and the power difference between the two is not that noticeable. I would skip the TD altogether and go for the 2.5 N/A or a TDi conversion, which will require a 'spare pants' cubby box :)

Les.