Landy Ltd?

Paddy_SP

I've been looking at buying a stripped 200 Tdi motor from Landy Ltd. Their ads sound convincing enough, but as I know nothing about them, I'd be most grateful for any comments as to what they're like to deal with, reputation, after sales service, etc. :)

I've been looking at buying a stripped 200 Tdi motor from Landy Ltd. Their ads sound convincing enough, but as I know nothing about them, I'd be most grateful for any comments as to what they're like to deal with, reputation, after sales service, etc. :)

According to Companies House they were dissolved 12/6/2007

post-25-1242250186_thumb.jpg

It depends a lot on what parts he uses in the build - gen, good after-market, or 'white box'. A nice, shiny engine plonked in the middle of a garage floor isn't an ideal advertising picture. Just to be cynical - anyone can steam clean an engine and then do a nice paint job on it - it could still be a knackered lump of pig iron. It depends a lot on what his written guarantee is - some engine reconditioners guarantee is 'engine block only', which means you have no chance of ever making a guarantee claim.

I would say that a grand for an engine that's built to the standard he claims is cheap.

I rebuilt a totally knackered 300TDi engine, new Turner Eng head, gen pistons, seals, gaskets, rebore, shells, etc, etc. To get it to a stripped condition, it cost me about £700 (the engine had previously been boiled and fried)

gallery_2_416_43291.jpg

gallery_2_416_68285.jpg

If you have an old engine, the tools (basic set plus a torque wrench), and somewhere to do it, then do it yourself and save a bundle of money.

Les.

Hello ,

Landy ltd are based in wrexham , He used to be based up in southport (or somewhere like that) I'm fairly sure that He trained at Legs in Oswestry (who would be well worth trying for an engine).

He used to regulary advertise in one of the mags and has been about for quite a few years .

Hope this is of some help :huh:

Gary

If he's using the title "landy Ltd" it has to be a limited company called "Landy" sounds a bit iffy to me.

nah ebay shops can be called what ever you like, and you done even have to be trading as a compnay/sole trader to open one!

nah ebay shops can be called what ever you like, and you done even have to be trading as a compnay/sole trader to open one!

AFAIK the law says a private limited company has to use "Ltd" or "Limited" and the end of its name, a public limited company has to use "PLC."

To use these terms inappropiately is misrepresentation.

It also seems a bit daft to use the name of a defunct company.

I suppose he gets round this by calling himself "Landyltd" rather than "Landy Ltd"

AFAIK the law says a private limited company has to use "Ltd" or "Limited" and the end of its name, a public limited company has to use "PLC."

To use these terms inappropiately is misrepresentation.

It also seems a bit daft to use the name of a defunct company.

I suppose he gets round this by calling himself "Landyltd" rather than "Landy Ltd"

no i understand that but what i was saying that ebay do not require you to be registered either with coy house or as a sole trader to have a shop so whilst in theory it is mis representation, it may well not be as its a shop on ebay. a legal mine field im sure.it should be a ltd coy, but its more then likely not.