External cage with a full tilt?

Brookers

yes

here in Malta we have a number.... they had a hard top previously but reverted to a soft top for weight issues in competitions..

what they do is put holes in the tilt where the flanges are screwed together...

have no pics at the moment but if I find some i will post them up for you.... I have also seen the same setup on half internal and half external cages... soft top is fitted then cage bolts on the flages as before but instead of a hard top, there is a soft top... holes are done in the bolt holes in the soft top...so essentially the soft top would have to be always used with a cage...

yes

here in Malta we have a number.... they had a hard top previously but reverted to a soft top for weight issues in competitions..

what they do is put holes in the tilt where the flanges are screwed together...

have no pics at the moment but if I find some i will post them up for you.... I have also seen the same setup on half internal and half external cages... soft top is fitted then cage bolts on the flages as before but instead of a hard top, there is a soft top... holes are done in the bolt holes in the soft top...so essentially the soft top would have to be always used with a cage...

My Hybred used to have a full tilt and half external, same as above.

Marc.

If you are fitting a full external cage, there should be no need to alter the soft-top at all. The only difficulties come when you have a full external cage with an internal hoop/bracing as well...

If you are fitting a full external cage, there should be no need to alter the soft-top at all. The only difficulties come when you have a full external cage with an internal hoop/bracing as well...

Thanks Orange, thats what I thought but I wanted to check.

I'm looking for a cage that provides protection if a customer gets too close to the trees rather than competition spec.

Brookers

Does anyone have, or know of any 90/110's running a full external cage with a full tilt?

Pics would be good,

Brookers

Mine,

Whitbread cage with genuine hoops and military canvas, looks great if i don't mind saying so myself.....................and great in any dry weather :D

post-2960-1244221069_thumb.jpg

Sibbo, that does look good!

Now am I mad considering building something like this and fitting a set of dual controlls and offering this as an alternative to my Clio for learners?

Not sure how much of a market there is for driving lessons in a LR but I think it could make a great marketing tool,

Thoughts please.....

Brookers

Mark90 had one on ALF a while back.

Should be photos around somewhere......

Yep I did. It wasn't a full external cage though. It was external section that bolted through canvas to plates welded on to two ex-mil roll hoops mounted each end of the tub.....

IMG_0066.jpg

alfrocks1.jpg

Worked well for tree protection.