brake caliper

hi can any one please tell me the thred size for defender 90 brake calipers please .

taking mine to be shot blasted and want to ''plug'' the threads , guy blasting them for me has asked that i seal every thing up myself..... cheers for any help

Dafydd

Sorry for the hijack, but it is related: Does anyone know where I could buy a single M10x1 plug tap for cleaning out brake union threads? I can find tap sets, but I already have most of what I need and I can't see anywhere that sells a single tap..

Sorry for the hijack, but it is related: Does anyone know where I could buy a single M10x1 plug tap for cleaning out brake union threads? I can find tap sets, but I already have most of what I need and I can't see anywhere that sells a single tap..

Cromwell Tools, Teesside Industrial Fasteners, Charnos.

mike

Any engineering supplies will sell a single tap. The usual places, such as screwfix and machinemart, seem to only sell sets.

Les.

Cromwell Tools, Teesside Industrial Fasteners, Charnos.

mike

later edit:

A lot of places don't seem to do the fine thread - and one wants over thirty quid for one tap :0 , but I finally got one ordered from Namrick at £11 (plus) for a set (taper and plug)