upgrading rrc suspension

max

What's wrong with what you have? Out of the box the rangie suspension is excellent.

Do you wanty to fit bigger tyres? If so, how big?

This topic has been discussed many times, I would suggest (if you haven't done so already) doing a search of the archive. There is plenty to consider there.

There are so many permutation of LR and aftermarket springs and shocks that without a really detailled spec of what you want at the end it is difficult to advise further.

Have a look in the archive and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have a similar question. I have yellow +2" springs on my 83 RRC. These are WAY too hard in combination with the ES9000's and I want to retain the lift, but get some compliance back. Any suggestions from the std LR spring archive?

Half Orange, I've got a spring estimator on my web site www.lr90.com just plug in your axle weights, select from the range of springs (or enter your own) hit calc and see how the rangie sits. It wil do more but if you just want to compare different ride heights usng OEM or other springs its pretty simple.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

another jump in sorry, a couple of questions...

could you please tell me with a 2" lift on a Range Rover bobtail do you need to fit the extended brake hoses? and can i fit a pto winch as I've got a h14 superwich and would like to rob it off my 90 and fit it to my rangie the rangie has a 200tdi disco engine gearbox and transfer case I think it's an LT77. can i use the 90 winch bumper or will it not fit?

Hi RedEye and welcome.

Longer hoses will only be needed if you hae increased droop from lower shock mounts or longer travel shocks. Best bet is jask the RR up and let the axle drop, carefully, and check the hoses for tension.

For the H14 Nige is your man and you miight do well to ask in the International forum. I'd guess the answer is yes but expect to do a lot of fab, inc modifying that D90 bumber.

HTH

many thanks for the response

I did jack it up and it all seams ok thanks for that. as for the winch the quest continues i would like to use it as it will pull anything all day long as long as the engine is running...

Redeye - is the winch drop-pto or hydraulic? If it's drop-pto, you can rotate the PTO for better clearance. Either way, Nige (Hybrid Form Hell) is your man. It will be a bit of work to fit but I can't see any reason for it not to fit.

I believe Paul Wightman had two of these on piggy until recently, a search here or on the other forum might turn up some old tech posts.

Certainly at a very basic level, assuming the PTO is bolted to an LT230 transfer box at the moment it should bolt happily to the LT230 in your bobtail.

Oh and my vote would be to spend the ~£30 and just fit longer braided hoses anyway, it's not going to do any harm and brakes are a good place to spend money rather than save it.

Oh and my vote would be to spend the ~£30 and just fit longer braided hoses anyway, it's not going to do any harm and brakes are a good place to spend money rather than save it.

Yes except if they are unneccesarily long there is more risk of them getting caught or just abrading on something. Neither of which is good :)

thanks FF

it's a drop pto with link rods ujs etc not hydraulic, on the landy they run just next to the exhaust down the side of chassie rail up to the winch. it looks like it might go i need to investigate some more...

i'll double check the length of the brake hoses when i jack it up again many thanks for the advice.

and can i fit a pto winch as I've got a h14 superwich and would like to rob it off my 90 and fit it to my rangie the rangie has a 200tdi disco engine gearbox and transfer case I think it's an LT77. can i use the 90 winch bumper or will it not fit?

Yes and no

PTO will fit Gearbox, nothing else will tho :P

Winch bumper won't fit, will need major modding to fit front RRC. Riods will need lengthening / shortening and refitting along with brackets etc

H14 liable to be huge overhang on the front of a RRC, can be done but more work

Linkage from PTO into cab equally will need thinking through...

Can be done, but loads of work. Superwinch did not do a H14 kit for a RRC

Nige

Please shout at me if I'm breaking any astablished rules her about promoting my own business but have a look at my website:

www.llama4x4.co.uk

Suspension is something that I spend most of my time ( work and pleasure ) messing about with and hopefully I have now got it sussed......

David

Yes and no

PTO will fit Gearbox, nothing else will tho :P

Winch bumper won't fit, will need major modding to fit front RRC. Riods will need lengthening / shortening and refitting along with brackets etc

H14 liable to be huge overhang on the front of a RRC, can be done but more work

Linkage from PTO into cab equally will need thinking through...

Can be done, but loads of work. Superwinch did not do a H14 kit for a RRC

Nige

thanks one and all again

right then sell the landy with winch and buy a new bumper/winch

Please shout at me if I'm breaking any astablished rules her about promoting my own business but have a look at my website:

www.llama4x4.co.uk

Suspension is something that I spend most of my time ( work and pleasure ) messing about with and hopefully I have now got it sussed......

David

I don't personally think it's spamming as it is within the context of the thread and might help someone with necessary information. :)

I need 2" over brake hoses and have mailed David, but got no reply, as he is here on the thread, David can you mail me please?

I haven't received an email but I am here - try again on david@llama4x4.co.uk or phone me on 01938.850382 / 07969.458958

Hope to here from you soon

David

How's this for instant product feedback: I believe my braided hoses were from David (Via Gon2Far), when we removed my salsibury axle at one point it was swinging from the brake hose, anything that can stand the weight of a salisbury axle and two leaf springs and not snap has got to be good! :blink:

How's this for instant product feedback: I believe my braided hoses were from David (Via Gon2Far), when we removed my salsibury axle at one point it was swinging from the brake hose, anything that can stand the weight of a salisbury axle and two leaf springs and not snap has got to be good! :blink:

Whilst I am very pleased that the hose survived I have to add that I do not suggest 'stretching' hoses in this way!!!!!

If your hoses came via Gon2Far then they are almost certainly from me - Nigel at G2F is a fine chap and a good trade customer.

David

My Webpage